Anyone ever experience leaf twist?

Good Morning everyone,

I’ve got a quick question about my girls. I came home from lunch to check on them as it’s my first true night spending with them from the plant sitter. After looking closely, I noticed a few of the leaves twisting. I’ve got a text out to the plant sitter to see what the PH of the water they used was, but no reply yet. My current setup, I’m not adding nutrients to an already nutrient rich soil, foxfarm ocean forest. I do however, have nutrients lined up but personally feel it’s too early to start. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this soil has nutrients for about 3 weeks so I shouldn’t have to add it, correct? Any recommendations as to what I can try to get these girls looking like their perky self again? Thank you in advance.

Strain - Strawberry Gelato
Grow Type - foxfarm ocean forest Soil
Lights - 2 X Full Spectrum 65w led
Nutrients - Only what’s already in the soil. Transplanted today during lunch.
Room Temperature - 76F
Stage - Vegetative stage
Humidity - 68%
MY ph - 6.4
Lighting cycle - 20 / 4
Fan flow is present, ventilation is low.
Root heating pad in place.

The white specks on the plant are soil particles.

2 Likes

Hey @tygrow78 @devjyarn this was the thread I was talking about.

2 Likes

Natural lighting pictures are easier to understand. FFOF is nutrient rich, so it’s just twisting a little from the excess nutrients. It’ll grow out of it. @selorex

3 Likes

They’ve only been in this soil a couple of hours though, I noticed the twist before transplant if that makes a difference? Before they were just getting water. I’ll take another picture with natural lighting once I’m off work, I appreciate your help!

1 Like

@covertgrower

2 Likes

I’ve had many plants grow up seemingly disfigured and/or not quite looking right give them a chance let them grow be patient

4 Likes

Thank you, I just wanted to make sure they had the best chance haha.

2 Likes

1 Like

Grown from seeds and lookin pretty freaky deaky I will not give up on them they will continue to grow

1 Like

3 Likes

All 3 of these plants have recovered from nutrient burn and Bug damage looking better now never give up

2 Likes

@esoteric thank you! I appreciate it, definitely not thinking about giving up haha, just wanted to correct a wrong if it was something I had done. I appreciate your help, beautiful plants!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve been growing for 6 years now it was a challenge from the beginning stick with it and this is what you could have, Just under a $1000 investment tent lights and fan not including nutrients and soil,

2 Likes

They look good, it could be genetic, but I do have some similar twisting, but I’ve started them in FFOF from seedlings. They do tend to start out a little twisty until they get 3rd or 4th set of leaves. @esoteric

3 Likes

@selorex, Hi! Can I ask, what’s your humidity been at?

2 Likes

I typically keep my humidity between 50 to 60, Winter seasons tend to be dry here and Massachusetts , When growing from seed however I have a herd keeping high humidity 80 to 90% Chan raise the percentage for a chance of a female, Unless of course you have feminized seeds,

3 Likes

@pomeroymc Hey! It’s currently 69%

2 Likes

Thank you @covertgrower!

3 Likes

Maybe raise the other plant up closer to the light. As it grows reduce the riser. Just a thought.

2 Likes