Anyone had to deal with robberies or attempted robberies?

Looks like a gang in Toronto just got caught:

Has anyone here gone through the ordeal of a robbery? Do you have on-site security staff for that eventuality?

3 Likes

I’ve had many a rip-off back in the old jungle days. Good dogs help on that point. And shotguns with rocksalt rather than leadshot… You don’t want to kill anyone - but damn - you get hit with rocksalt you will feel that shit for weeks…

I’ve had punk wannabe gangsters try to step up and claim turf. A good relationship with the local police and a couple of big Samoans as guards cleaned that right up.

4 Likes

I hope you’re super-mega-careful even with the rocksalt. If some of it hits their face, it could cause some real damage.

@hardcarsecurity has particular knowledge on the subject. A panic button for employees certainly couldn’t hurt!

that was 20 years ago in a different life. You always put one shot over their heads as a warning - and if needed another in their ass as they run away… :wink: They run pretty fast when they have a pack of mastiffs and dobermans chasing them…

back in the day rippers could be a real problem. if they found you they would always come back. a couple of plants at first when they find it - then they return. generally just punk kids - rocksalt in a .410 scares the shit out of them (while being chased by a pack of dogs).

1 Like

The other point to note here is - Dispensaries are still ‘generally’ illegal in Canada. So they get hit by criminals but don’t have police protection…

2 Likes

Weapon detection systems exist - software and hardware based.

Good dogs are great! Shotguns with rocksalt not so much. Although you may
feel great after firing that load - if a guy has a weapon and he shoots
back he will not be using rocksalt…

Best is to have trained staff and facility members who know what to do
during a robbery if it’s a store location. If it’s a grow - you have lots
of options. We put out a security handbook that is available to the
growers network for free. Others pay 67.50 for it. Let us know if you want
a copy.

Todd

4 Likes

Lol. Well in those days you would have a shotgun with rocksalt for the punks - but always a few rifles with hard ammunition just in case it was a bit more serious… Fortunately I never had to deal with the ‘bit more serious’ in that situation. This is a long time ago in a ‘different legal universe’…

And yes dogs are awesome. If anyone has ever been on an australian pig hunt - they will understand the kinds of dogs. and when they wear armour (pig hunting with dogs is a brutal hunt) - with spiked collars - that 150lb mastiff X is fucking scary…

1 Like

I would like to see a copy of the security handbook please.

2 Likes

I would like a security handbook as well.

1 Like

@Todd_Kleperis are you able to link or upload the security handbook? We will include a copy in our Growers Library.

@nathan have you seen the Bug A Salt? https://bugasalt.com/products/lawn-garden-edition?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8vnMBRDgARIsACm_BhIxseV7i-hhxcczRjBd1EnsutZt5yrOueefElOliD6lw2Mw1y5H14QaAmB6EALw_wcB

1 Like

Guys would love to add a copy of the book but we have it online at Amazon.
If people do something to warrant a free book that normally costs 60.00,
I’m open to helping.

1 Like

@Todd_Kleperis fair enough! I was just referring to your post on April 19th:

gotcha very true we did put that up. So we will honor it. If the people
could send us their emails we will send them the book directly. To put it
up on the net destroys sales.

Make sense?

1 Like

Also if you want to post the link to the Amazon book here @Todd_Kleperis then others who are interested could purchase it.

1 Like

link

2 Likes

Thanks for posting that. It looks like the Look Inside feature is on for the book, so people can check out the first few pages to see if it fits what they are looking for.

1 Like