Anyone have exp with forcing flowering plants back into veg?

Second year here in Smoklahoma. Back home in Appalachia, I loved outdoor growing. August here had only one day, that experienced some amount of time below 90°F during the day. Five outta seven ladies went hermaphrodite ON THE SAME DAY!
So I moved the two remaining females indoor around day 90.
When they we creating new vegetation, I topped one and left the other be. Lesson learned. Do NOT top. You don’t need to, and it will retard her veg like a MFer

7 Likes

when you flip back to 18/5 they will start growing again and if they are in flower , they will still flower but at a slower rate than 12/12. don’t worry just flower your 90 day plant with 18/6

5 Likes

That won’t flower anything, it will revert it back to veg.

Marty

4 Likes

Boss man I’m coming up on 2nd flower. When they came in, i did 3 days of str8 light. Then 18/6. Flip to 12/12. The flip date is less a date, than a function of canopy height. I want to move in to flower with everybody the same height I’m using a scrog on my re-veg’d plants to turn their vertical growth horizontal, while everyone else catches up.

5 Likes

Not sure why you don’t like the results of topping them. I only top if I want a shorter wider “bush” or if I have several different strains where some are outgrowing the others, then I top them to even out the room, and yes it does slow them down a bit, but for me that is the whole point of doing it.

Here is my room with four different strains, topped two of them left the other two.

Marty

9 Likes

I think we are all stoned. I have topping and FIM’ing covered. I employ the right technique in the situation.
With that said, there was a lesson learned. You do not want to top a plant, which has been forced from flower back into vegitation. It stunts that newly begun vegitation firstly. Secondly, its unnecessary. If you look closely, my girls did it for me.

5 Likes

I used 2 reveg my plants to have them come back bushier for the next cycle. There are two ways to go about it.

If u let it go well passed the flower stage it will hit rodelization. THIS causes nanners. The plant hits survival mode and tries to pollenate itself.

The new growth will always show retardation and throw leaves with three fan leaves slow growth but it bounces back. This is ofcourse leaving it with a flower cycle lighting.

THE other way is chopping most of the buds but leaving a few left over. I would trim the root ball back some and then throw it in a veg soil mix and feed veg nutes and changing the light cycle back to veg.

Not all plants like it. You’ll see new shoots growing. They always throw 3 bladed fan leaves. Then overtime it goes back to normal.

I used to do the latter to save certain genetics. I hate hermies but learned you can manage them. Hermies are ok if ur trying to get seeds but then that keeps that trait in the plant.

Thats my experience with it.

4 Likes

Today concludes veg round 2. 12/12 starts tonight

3 Likes

I NOTICED you have a gallon jug with a red lid. Do u keep them color coordinated as I do lol.

Red is usually for flower nutes, blue plain water and greed caps are for veg. Just curious. I might be overthinking it lol

3 Likes

:rofl:dif brands of milk were consumed. They are straight water. I will dedicate one to tea, once shes fully in flower. I do have two spray bottles. One without a label is soapy water for aphids. Other is water n epsom salt for foliare spray

2 Likes

I manage myself more than control. My soil has mostly what she’ll need her entire life span. Nitro as needed, and a handful of amendments on deck. Tea will begin tomorrow.

2 Likes

Marty,
I do top. I prefer to FIM, but thats too much chaos for a tent. However, in reference to plants forced from flower back into vegetation, I learned you don’t top. It doesn’t slow the re-veg. It utterly retards it for about a month. Additionally, as you can see, there is no need. That re-veg’d beast kola-sploded all on her own.
In my present situation, i want verticle growth. I am a little crowded so bushy wasn’t ideal. Other than the reveg’d girls, I am hunting for good genes of my strain. Then I did some pruning and decided to try monster crop clones instead of waste some small shaded branches. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: i cant help it. I prune and end up making clones instead of wasting them. I have three presently, which may grow one bowl a piece.

1 Like

First day of 12/12. My big girl still looks a little nitro short, so im gonna scratch in some worm castings. Im going to hold off a few days though, and let the transition fully occur, before anything is altered.

1 Like

Day 2 flower!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Youre doing great. I don’t think I understood what you were first saying. I have only taken clones twice, once before flower, and once three weeks into flower. The ones taken three weeks in were a pain in the ass, took forever to get em back to veg, and they looked like shit lol. But it did work. I topped some of those too, but only after they had gotten 2.5 to 3 feet tall from 6 inches as clones.

Marty

3 Likes

Neither of them beasts are clones. They were fully flowered plants I re-veg’d. There are some monster cropped clones amongst my garden tho.

1 Like

Smaller is Purple Kush. The SCROG’d one is Mystery Meat.

1 Like