Anyone here into watches?

Just curious if anyone on here shares another passion of mine aside from cannabis. Watches.

What’s your dream watch?
I dream of the day I can justify an A. Lange & Söhne Up/Down or a Zeitwerk, but it’d be hard to EVER justify that kind of self indulgence. It sure is pretty, though. What do you think?

3 Likes

I’m not a huge watch guy but I did just send my dad a nice watch for his 70th birthday which he liked.

That being said, the Lange & Sohne watch at the bottom is a really nice design!

3 Likes

I started to use an Apple Watch, this year in April. I was given one for my birthday. First time I have worn a watch in 8 years.

When I was in the greenhouse I used a timex expedition. They promised I could not destroy it. I still have it. It still works.

Lots of the old growers, only had pocket watches. They liked one of the train style of watches. They held up to greenhouse and field work. You can still get them at the Meninite brotherhood general stores. They have good farm hats too.

3 Likes

Not really a huge watch guy either. I have a Sunnto Core I picked up off a friend for 50 bucks. The band is broke on it though. I have a replacement, maybe I will fix it right now. I guess if I ever was into myself enough and had enough money I would buy this watch.

3 Likes

Does this count?

1 Like

We need to bring back the growers pocket watch!!! Haha! I’d love to find some old pocket watches from some old farmers, that’d be great!

Those Expeditions are awesome little watches for the $. One of those was my first watch I ever got. It may not be a “luxury” item, but I bet it has a cool story behind it!

2 Likes

Gotta love the “Coca Cola” GMT’s!! I like how they develop nick names, like the other GMT, the “Pepsi” flavor, if you will:

m76ohmouGOJxorDbzKtap3g

Do you travel a lot? I normally think of a GMT as a travelers watch. Good choice!

1 Like

My father was tired of me braking watches made me go the timex store.

Not so exciting. I used it for thirty years. New band every couple years. When I worked at the greenhouse I used a nylon band.

1 Like

Whenever I think of watches, I think of Douglas Adams and the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. In his story, Digital watches were a key element upon which the 2 most intelligent species on the planet had very differing thoughts. The humans thought the digital watches were “neato”, while the dolphins were exceedingly non-plussed. I personally, love being easily amused. The Pepsi one has a nice patriotic feel, it gets my vote.

2 Likes

Douglas Adams was a hero of mine. 42!

1 Like

You made a comment recently about being paid in t-shirts, and I just figured out one of the designs that both you and I would take as legal barter. The t-shirt simply reads 42. Maybe a new line of lab coats and overalls with embroidered numbers would be in line for our industry while paying homage to Mr. Adams. If anyone ever truly appreciated our situation for what it is, it was him​:eye::clown_face: Cannabis fashion show by some designer somewhere in 10…9…(insert link)

2 Likes

I also want a tee-shirt that read “Luddites against smartphones!”

1 Like

Put down your buggy whip and/or cell phone and drive!

2 Likes

Growers Network t-shirts that read “42” on the front and our logo on the back? Logged and noted!

3 Likes

If we’re going to talk the talk…this proposed attire would be the correct way to walk the walk. Fortitudians for 42!

2 Likes

We should have a matching towel too, for towel day:

3 Likes

Haven’t worn a watch since I learned to read time in 1990 from a Minnie Mouse Swatch Watch. But now I’m tempted to buy the Withings Activite Steel, a swiss made smartwatch/fitness tracker. It’s sooo pretty!

4 Likes

You can get a mini mouse Apple Watch. She even talks.

2 Likes