Anyone tried Electroculture/magnetic field to boost yields?

Has anyone on here read much on or even tried a DIY electro culture set up? Something that I stumbled on about a week ago and I’ve been reading up a little on it but can’t find much on how to actually design and implement a system like that.

6 Likes

Possibly something like this. I’ve always wondered about if this works or not I don’t grow outdoors and my wife would kill me if I connected to the house electrical ground. Lol. She is a paranoid freak about anything fire related or electrical. Lol.

Never heard of electro culture, futuristic stuff.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of it either :thinking:

1 Like

@chrisj @repins12

Super interesting stuff. I remember my EE professor having a project in the summer semester’s traveling to Africa and using electricity to help boost farming yields there. For some reason it randomly popped into n my head like a week or so ago and I’ve been trying to find as much as I can about it ever since. Basically, the idea is to mimic the environment right before, during, and right after a thunderstorm. Apparently, plants experience a boost in metabolism during this time period due to the charged ions in the air and even soil from lighting strikes. Not only can it increase growth rates but has also shown to be incredibly effective as pest and disease prevention.

3 Likes

Definitely sounds interesting, for sure :v:

1 Like

Not sure if you guys remember the music and cannabis thread but that was interesting stuff too i still to this day play music for my plants… @chrisj @treycer11 @repins12

https://www.google.com/amp/s/potguide.com/blog/amp/616550/does-music-influence-cannabis-plant-growth/

4 Likes

Cool article, thanks for sharing! I’ve been wondering if I should work a way to play some music for my girls when they get going and now it’s been answered! Reggae all day!

1 Like

My plants always have tunes. What they are depends on my mood at the time. I listen to a wide variety of shit from rap to country, classic rock to new. I remember when I was younger hearing/reading about music and fishing. Always had better luck fishing when I had tunes a cranking :+1: :v:

1 Like

Something to do with the sound vibrations… Words won’t matter to the plants :rofl:… But I think faster has been better… I listen to every genre even have a relaxation radio station on my Pandora lol

1 Like

Something like this lol :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I have heard of something like it this little guy right here.

This device vibrates at a certain frequency and makes the plants stomas/pores under the leaves have a reaction and dilate thereby increasing water transference/transpiration rate which overall improves the plant physicality and gives a bigger yield. Ive been wanting one for a year now.

1 Like

https://www.webhydroponics.com/shop/biowave-mini/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqYGSs_6C6gIVUfDACh02mwY4EAQYAiABEgKPmvD_BwE
Very cool. Very EXPENSIVE!

1 Like

I’m trying it with my plants. Used it on a half dead tomato plant and it’s so green and thriving now… interesting stuff for sure.