Anyone tried the 8 hours on and 16 dark for flower🌸

This was something I stumbled On from some link I found here. Has anybody been doing this?

http://www.growlikejoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Lighting-web-01.jpg
Sounds like a good way to get hermies…

1 Like

Apparently weed grows like chrysanthemums…

More delta wave sleep, just like a bodybuilder I guess. I know some like the 13 off 11 on and swear by it. Are those rudiralis/autos I would have to guess?

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. Yes I’ve heard of 10
On and 14 off…but the whole veg cycle there is bizarre. I don’t think this is referring to autos. Would love to try and see for the flower cycle but I don’t think the veg schedule is sound…

I was reading that and wondering the same thing yesterday. Along with the I think it was a 6/2 schedule as well.

2 Likes

I wouldnt do it that way but all of us have things we do that others dont.Ive got 3 decades growing and learn something new all the time.Find the way that works for you 1st then play a bit with the time.
hydro

1 Like

@hydro454king hi, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I agree with you, it’s very off the path for experienced growers…if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Was just wondering who has tried because it doesn’t seem to mimic Mother Nature at all. What I found just very interesting was about the chrysanthemum reference and how it is the same …

1 Like

I stand by the 14 on 10 off ratio especially for auto veg state. My shit is going wild as fuck with this and a heating pad under the grow site. This is day 2 of planting in organic soil and only took a day and half for taproot to sprout

This one is day 3 closer to 10pm when the lights came on

Day 4

Day 5 and I just checked them and they have grown more in the last 6 hours

1 Like

I have played with light schedules and have found it useful to shorten long flowering sativas but not much use beyond that .it lowers crop weight in photos due to less time in the flower chamber. On the other hand if a emergency pops up it may be a great tool to finish faster. Also u can use ethylene gas to force ripen at end in a pinch :wink: combined a 14 week strain can finish at 10weeks (with substantial loss to weight) srry im rambling a bit (i just smoked a g of shatter;)

3 Likes

@grower34 nice to meet you! Looks like you got some good ones…especially the NYCD…
That’s one of my all time fav…Excited to see how that one goes!
Yes for auto I can see where you are coming from, you give a little more dark to promote more stretch and accelerate the growth! What schedule will you use to flower them?

1 Like

@dollhouz had to move the girls to bigger mediums. 4 out of 5 seeds took off, so not to bad! Here are the girls yesterday

1 Like

I’ve heard of sum strange shedules, only one I have tryed is 13 off 11 on.

1 Like

How are they coming along these days mon?

Real quick. If you drop below nine hours on. It speeds up the plant too fast. And yield falls off before the plant is even ready.

2 Likes

The veg part is simply trying to save money. As long as the plants don’t get 12 hour of pure darkness. It’s going to stay in veg. But this light shedule mite slow down the veg time.

Breeders use the 13-11 to get plants to show there real looks and expressions. But yields will be effected by less light.

1 Like

Google gas lantern growing technique. That’s the buzz word for this old school type of growing.:+1: @dollhouz @hoppiefrog

1 Like

That style works w some strains but often doesn’t work for a multi strain set up:(

2 Likes