Anyone use excel air evolution hvac/ dehumidification?

hello. im looking at excel air’s evolution system. was hoping someone around here might have some experience with it?

2 Likes

Have any @growopowners, @mastergrowers or @GrowOpEmployees used Excel Air? What has been your experience. Please help us out!

2 Likes

If you’re talking about the guys from BC then I would say that they are the nicest guys I’ve met. A family business. I have never heard of any complaints. My personal focus has been ioutdoor cultivation so I don’t require HVAC.

Raymond…

3 Likes

Thanks for the shout out, @raymond! Everyone loves good customer service!

1 Like

They’re extremely expensive for what you get, and still require an electrician, vacuum pump and gaugeset to install. Compare to what a Mitsubishi Mr Slim costs and you’ll probably save money, plus Mitsubishi has a fantastic warranty and huge support network.

2 Likes

Mr slim is a mini split system. They are pretty cheap compared to commercial cooling/dehu systems. I’m outfitting rooms with 16-1000w de lights. Mini splits are not meant to run continuously and do not contain mission critical components and also do not offer mass dehumidification. The 5 ton unit offers dehumidification of 50 gallons per day! They do make more traditional units and that may be what you’re comparing to. At any rate I’m trying to avoid residential hvac and mini splits as they were not designed for this type of application.

2 Likes

Still looking for anyone with first hand experience with the excel evolution.

2 Likes

Not first hand, but I’ve been building large grow rooms for a long time and look at lots of new equipment. I’ll just throw in my two cents.

Excel is famous for it’s high prices, but I’ve also heard their customer service is hit or miss. Some guys get well taken care of, others get ignored. Mini splits typically don’t make the best dehumidifiers, as the air is usually moving too fast to be super-effective at dehumidification, but this unit claims some fairly impressive figures for water removal at AHAM. So, if it’s a cost-effective solution for you I don’t have any further reservations about these. Make sure you mount them as high as possible to collect the hottest and most humid air from the ceiling, dehueys love heat and the colder the air around them is, the less efficient they are, by a LOT. Happy hunting.

3 Likes

thanks for your input. the one im looking for info on is not a mini split and offers mass dehumidification. supposedly. the evolution. I attached a link above on this thread.

2 Likes

Yep I understand, the air handler on the Excel sounds like a much improved design to be able to dehumidify that well was all I meant, I know they aren’t all mini-splits.

3 Likes