Are all Calcium Nitrate the same?

Starting on my 2nd grow (the first grow was laughable… now) I began using Jack’s 321. I didn’t use anything else from seed to bud until this run when I added Fulvic Acid.

I am running out of Part B (15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate). So, I jump on Amazon and find the smallest bag of Jack’s 15-0-0 available is 25lbs for $56. That is way more than I need for the foreseeable future. Jack’s website has 2.2 lbs for $24 but they charge $27 for shipping!!!

I found the FitLeaf brand of 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate for $23 for 2.2lbs with free shipping.

So my cheap bastard question is → Am I safe switching to another brand of Calcium Nitrate? Or should I bite the bullet and get 25lbs of Jack’s?

5 Likes

Anywhere near a farm CO-OP. Cal nitrate is cal nitrate around here.

4 Likes

Been using this product line specifically for the last 3 crops

RAW Nitrogen (8 oz) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UL3YGS8/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_THY537VNZX4YQJBT37BT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

NPK Industries 717863 Raw Calcium/Magnesium Fertilizers, 8-Ounce, 8 Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D3R4VU2/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_CGD8J248AGHSEAHVD3ZN

But I mean 25 lbs. - that’s a shit load

4 Likes

Yeah I calculated it out and at the current rate I use it, it would take me over 7 years to use 25lbs. Even I (stick in the mud - if it ain’t broke don’t fix it) might want to try something different in the next 7 years.

6 Likes

It’s a hard one, I guess depending on your situation would call for the choice to make. I have switched nutrients for no reason after vegetational stage and didn’t see any issues really, I have also read it could be negative to do so, or going from soluble to dry amending. So it’s trial and error, do what you gotta do to keep going, I’m sure you’ll be good but also consider like you are, cheers! I hope I’m not too late to the party on this

Switching because of need and price
Compared to switching to go different or for style etc

SS

3 Likes

I just ordered the FitLeaf 15-0-0. I will mix with the rest of the Jack’s 15-0-0 so if there is a transition is will be a gentle one. That is my working theory anyway. I’ll post the results.

6 Likes

Fasho dukes! Good luck ninja 🥷

3 Likes