Are Thca dominant seeds and plants legit? And anyone form NC here?

The title says it all. Looking to start producing and selling Thca product in NC. Are Thca dominant seeds real, have any breeders really addressed this?

Thanks and if you are from NC say hi!

OK time editing this post because for some reason and probably I am a new member I cannot reply. My question is not about the THCa process, decarboxylation, conversion to normal Delta nine thc, etc. that I am extremely familiar with. (I was using voice to text sorry)

My question is this, has anyone have any experience with breeders who are claiming that they are producing seeds that will grow a plant that is less than .3 delta nine and heavy and three HCA. I read nothing in any scholarly work or anywhere that people have achieved this type of product and breeding.

Not a question about the THCA trend, process, or definition, just are these breeders legit?

Thanks and looking forward to being a active member of this forum and again if you’re from North Carolina give a shout out.

4 Likes

THCA is a precursor to THC when decarboxylated through heat and air. All cannabis plants contain THCA. So I think it works like this THCA becomes THC through combustion and CBN during degradation when its cured to long and exposed to too much light and air. Not 100% sure I am right.

5 Likes

To clarify, all THC starts as THCa, and changes due to environmental factors. However there are over 100 cannabinoids, for example THCv which is prevalent in cannabis that grows in southern Africa. Still more compounds/cannabinoids found every year through the latest scientific research.

6 Likes

Man there is a lot of reading to do on this subject. Lol. Started a bit and it so far seems that THC and thca are both one of the same just THC is thca with added flame or heat to convert. So in order to make thca carts u would have to find a way to extract the buds without any heat to convert the process while extracting. Possibly butane extraction but that requires a heat plate and vac to reclaim the used butane and put it back into the bottle. Now possibly can leave the product set out and butane evap naturally no heat required but would all the butane work it’s way out of the product so u r not investing butane fumes. I’m down to learn this process as I extract or press all the flower I consume here. Dab or oil carts it is for me and the wife and my oldest daughter is now.into the vape carts so I’d love to.indulge in cart making.

2 Likes

I had a buddy that invested into co2 extraction , made some killer carts , he used to bring them to me all the time. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago , being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I never got a chance to check out his setup. I do know he spent some coin on it. He was working on Becoming a strain hunter as he called it , he wanted to be the guy that could get you whatever strain you were looking for …The Strain guy. , he worked for a logistics company and had connections all over the world and things were coming together I had planned to invest some coin in his start up to help get him rolling, but sadly due to the circumstances never happened, :+1::+1::v:

3 Likes