Are these buds useless?

True 1st timer here. This is from the first plant I ever had. I know for sure they were cut too early but the plant was dying and had a few buds on it. I put it to dry for two weeks and the branches snapped today ( pics below) I know it’s not the best but thought I’d use this as a learning experience for another plant that’s doing a lot better and will be ready in February. I know it’s bad but from the pics is there anything I can do with these?

4 Likes

They dont look like anything bad with them by looks. What kind of setup do u have for your grow. Loghts tent room exhaust ac dehumidifier co2 soil fab or plastic pot. We will get u some dank buds here buddy. What kind of nutes also

3 Likes

I am with Mark on the buds @trinigrower.
We know they are not what you were shooting for, but you did learn from this grow.
Personally I would dry it out a bit more, roll it up, enjoy what you have grown.
Would like to see your current grow too.
Stay Growing !

7 Likes

Nice job getting to the finish line…Buds look fine…certainly smokable.
A wise $50 investment would be some wide mouth mason jars and lids, these small hydrometer/thermometers and some 62% Boveda packs from Amazon…once bud stems snap and you can hear a crack sound trim buds off stems into jars with a Boveda pack in each jar. Burp jars once a day for a week then once a week for a month. After that buds are ready. You can smoke them before that but I think they smoke their best after about a month.

5 Likes

They were pretty much a natural grow. As far as nutes we don’t have any Cannabis company nutes here, a few stores are starting to import but pretty much had to use what we have in our Agro-shops. I’d feed nutes if I saw signs of deficiencies and a google search of symptoms. These had probably 4/5 nute mixes for the entire grow. I looked at the General NPK on the packages. I’m in Trinidad so we get sun all year round.

5 Likes

Im not even close to sure on the nute but u might wanna see if u can find something online to order thats cannabis friendly. Jacks 321 is a simple nute to use u can find small kits on amazon 4 or 7 lb kits. Its a part a part b and epsom salt mix can use thru the whole grow start to finish. If u can get a light to do a veg inside and get one going to a nice size then transplant outside and let it finish that way. How long dis the plant u showed the buds grow for start to finish???

1 Like

They were about 6 months. Obviously really small. I am looking at some hygrometers and PH meters for my next grow to take better notes, as you say your next grow will be better. I’m not looking for too large a yield and want to grow without nutes, making my own compost and grow as natural as possible. We have sugar cane all over so molasses is pretty easy to come by. If you can point me in the direction of growing natural that’d be awesome. Thanks for the quick responses too!! Yeah the mixes I used are for tomatoes and sweet pepper. Best I could get but I didn’t really use it much

5 Likes

@hoppiefrog he does organic no till stuff. He might can help u out. Check out his grows. Awesome

3 Likes

As far as fixing them if they are too dry, that is easy. Put an apple slice in a ziplock then punch a couple of holes in it. Put the apple and the buds in a glass jar and leave for a couple of days…my version of Boveda lol.

2 Likes

Holy moly! I am sitting on a fortune in mason jars. When my mom retired she moved to Ohio, but had constant travel itch. She used to come and spend a couple of weeks every year with me. She always brought me a couple of cases of canned whatever…green beans, peas, tomatoes beets… just whatever she had extra of from her garden. I have about 15 cases of mason jars in the basement…I just clicked on that link up there and saw what they cost now for the little ones, the ones I have are 32 oz. Woo HOO! I’ve been meaning to clean a case of them up and get new lids and rings for my current grow for curing. Gonna do that today !

2 Likes