Are these plants ready for harvest?

Hello! I am a newbie and need this forum’s assistance in letting me know if these plants are ready for harvest now. They are not “auto” plants and they germinated late May.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @ArtVandalay , 5 months old they still look like they have time to go. What strains are they? Plant 1 looks like it needs more time, plant 4, looks like it can be harvested. Best is to look closer at the tricomes and see if the majority are turning to amber. Post some more pics if you can.

2 Likes

definitely needs more time, maybe another 2 weeks? the leaves are looking very green, i usually wait until the leaves are turning yellow, they should look like they are starting to die! and of course take a closer look with a magnifying glass to see if any trichome heads are turning amber.

2 Likes

Well, I harvested most of three plants. Two of them did not yield much. These are hybrids of indica and sativa. Attached are the details for each. I grow these for CBD for chronic arthritic pain.
A few questions I hope you can answer for me:

1. I have absolutely no experience with cannabis but would like to try to grow the old-fashioned cannabis; the Tommy Chong type (not the CBD dominant variety!). Is there a way on this forum to get those seeds? I have some seeds remaining from these varieties and would trade some.
  2. I’ve read that I should cook the bloom groups in a 240-degree oven for 40 minutes to carbonize it. After that, I plan to just store it in a jar and use it in hot tea. Is this type also OK to hang dry and then cure in a jar?
  3. I use Blue Planet Elite fertilizer and follow the directions closely. Is that a good fertilizer? I thought the plants would be larger and yield more than they have. Again, I didn’t know what to expect.
  4. Several of my other same plants just don’t seem to be blooming fast, and they also germinated around June/July.

I sincerely appreciate everyone’s help! I’d like to try the “regular” plant seeds, I just don’t know how to get them and I do not live in a state like CO or OR where they can be purchased.

MarkFertilizer
Superwoman
Auto Alpha