Arizona Grow

I have found that if I eat a little food before an edible it helps speed up the metabolism of the edible, and I feel the effects sooner. Remember this is what I experience and it’s not based on any scientific facts (FWIW)! Lol!

6 Likes

Tbh, I don’t notice a BIG difference but I’m not surprised it works better on a not-empty stomach. I do find it definitely slows down the uptake tho.
Some substances are being delivered better with food, maybe cannabis as well. Especially fats play a role in this.

But here’s a nice answer I found on Quora:

"Some drugs with lower oral bioavailabilities actually work better with food, specifically fatty foods. For a drug to pass from the intestines into the bloodstream, and then across the blood-brain-barrier into the central nervous system, it must be at least somewhat lipid-soluble.

Polar compounds that dissolve easily in water do not readily pass through phospholipid cell membranes as easily as less polar compounds, and coadministrating certain drugs with fatty foods can actually help more of the drug reach its target site.

Some foods inhibit enzymes and can alter the way certain drugs are metabolized. For example, grapefruit juice inhibits the enzyme CYP3A4. As a result, drug metabolism using this biochemical pathway is altered. This can increase the strength of any given dose of a drug that is already lipid-soluble and is metabolized by CYP3A4. The painkiller morphine is a prime example of a drug whose effects are potentiated by grapefruit juice. But not all painkillers are enhanced by inhibiting CYP3A4; codeine itself is not a very active compound, and gains most of its painkilling power after being demethylated by CYP3A4 into morphine. As codeine relies on this enzyme to work effectively, grapefruit juice actually prevents codeine from working as well.

Inhibiting enzymes increases the strength of drugs, but inhibits pro-drugs. Pro-drugs are compounds that are not pharmacologically-active when first ingested, but become active in the body after first-pass metabolism takes place.

Regardless of how certain foods may alter the potency of a drug, all food present in the stomach will dilute any drugs present, and slow their absorption. Taking most medications with a full stomach will reduce their effects dramatically by slowing their rate of absorption and decreasing the concentration of drug that gains access to the bloodstream at any given moment.

This means taking any drug on an empty stomach will increase its potency, and a far lower dose will be required to gain the same level of drug concentration in the bloodstream."

4 Likes

Really that’s like the opposite of my experience :rofl:

3 Likes

I think it has a lot to do with metabolism, I also think the bodies Endocannabinoid receptors may play a part. I’m just happy that edibles work for me! Lol!

4 Likes

Make a salad, add some pepperoni.

MUNCHIES GAME LVL 5

6 Likes

Damn munchies. If they can change a molecule in the plant that prevents the munchies I’m buying it.

4 Likes

If achieved, that cannabis could be sold as ‘Diet’ weed and probably garner a substantial premium…
considering the grocery bill lately !!!

5 Likes

Lion is out of town, watching his closet for a while. So many little ladies, and clones of @PreyBird1 beans

8 Likes

Well now there’s a subject…and my answer is I never really paid any attention as to if I ate or not when I ate the gummies, and I don’t always get the same buzz either. Sometimes I get downright stupid and sometimes it’s like I did t even eat one…and I’m talking about gummies from the same batch same strength.

I will say this; to this day plain ol’ baked pot brownies get me blazed more than smoking or gummies. I ate one the other night and got so wasted I couldn’t even go to sleep, got up and watched a movie. No idea why on any of it.

Marty

7 Likes

That sounds precisely like what I want. Thank you for sharing by the way

5 Likes

These are only 18" - it’s just an optical illusion, seriously :flushed:

6 Likes

Adventures with Edibles and Me, the Crab.

Yesterday I ate my edibles, posted in here, began having snacks while I ended up having three edibles total, one each hour for three hours. These were the causalities of war I discovered this morning:

2 boxes (6 units per box) granola bars
1 box Frosted Mini Wheats
3 packages of fruit snacks
1 “left over” dinner
1/4 jar Peanut Butter

Yeah, so in preparation for today, I went to the grocery store and I simply made dinner. The I had a dish, and proceeded to prep another for quick microwave session, and a third for the late night if I wake up again. I followed this by watering my plants good and well so that I can pass out into an edibles coma again.

After that I smoked a bowl, and then I had my first edible. I don’t recall too much of yesterday, a lot of sleeping, and occasionally I watched Reno 911 for a few minutes before falling back to sleep.

Eat responsible, make dinner, have a bag of salad on hand. Thank God for the box of Mini Wheats.

8 Likes

Damn Skinny…you keep that up we’re going to be lookin at Chunkyhb’s journals !!!

6 Likes

Fat GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

7 Likes

Morning everyone, it’s my birthday today. Fun filled time watching my boy today and tonight.

I laid waste to a box of granola bars yesterday along with my edibles. Two days of sleeping, I’m feeling ready to be awake.

That’s about all I have to say today. Check out the no reggae music thread.

Bloom Room

10 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::unicorn::fire:

For you a birthday video. Since i dont know your 1st name you get the generic video sorry!

8 Likes

LOL, it’s ‘Skinny’ silly…

7 Likes

Happy birthday brother. Sounds like you got the best company today.

7 Likes

They have a video where they also yell your name. There is no skinny.

6 Likes

Enjoy your day My Friend :slight_smile:

5 Likes