Arizona outdoor autoflower - Acidic Monsoon rain caused my soil PH To drop below 5 this week!

makes the stems harder to stop chewing bugs

some say it will make bud weigh more in the end

shovel full of builders sand in your pro mix helps also

4 Likes

@azseaindooin420 you are an AZ grower, and outside of I remember, correct?

4 Likes

Ya. Phx Metro outdoor

5 Likes

Yes, az in mohave county and utilize a 12 x 16 greenhouse, this year its overgrown

I also run indoor rooms for veg and flower in the greenhouse after the summer run comes down

8 Likes

Exceptionally beautiful sir! I mean just gorgeous. It’s amazing what the Arizona Sun can do. Too bad it’s so damn hot.

7 Likes

Why would that be an issue? I grow plants including autos all summer long in 115-120 degrees, plants can handle it just fine and that uv index encourages some serious frost, if ur up in vegas ur 10 degrees cooler than me and even more practical, its a weed with one goal, to survive and thrive and they can tolerate alot. The root zone is where u need to protect from the heat but if a garden is started at the right time then by summer heat coming in the plant should already have a nice canopy shading the roots and soil, if not then a good mulch layer can do wonders

I would not advise using ice on top, water is too cold and your soil will never dry out, if your looking for root protection and thats what ur currently doing then u need to look into these

For what yr spending on ice these will pay for themselves quick

Since u guys are in az with aloe plants all over the place u need to consider taking the fresh leaves, throw in a blender and dilute it down 1:10 (1 gallon of slurry to 10 gallons of water) and either throw it in a tea or water in. Lot of excellent plant nutrition, gives your plants heat tolerance, plenty of growth hormones and a great natural source of silica

6 Likes

Plants arent even bothered, they are in 30 gallon each, watering every other day and been averaging 117 for the last week and things are starting to go into flowering. Dont let anyone tell u it impossible to grow in triple digits

5 Likes

Got asked to do some testing on fog dog autos comparing between marks from strainly and atlas, plants were born end of may and looks like im weeks away from chop, so yes, even autos handle the heat

7 Likes

Wisdom. If I had done that when I was growing outside in the summer I wouldn’t have had to water them every 2 - 3 hours during peak heat. F****** brilliant.

5 Likes

Ruderalis is from the northern lights area of the globe that photoperiods cant naturally grow where they get 18-20 hours of light in the summers and 5-6 hours in the winters, those plants have adapted to not being light dependent. Not sure where someone figured they were desert genetics :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well i was expecting huge plants this year, my autos still only get 3 gallon though.

Typical rule of thumb for soil organics is every 10 gallons of soil u can expect 6 oz average grown through the full season, my goal is to see a lb off at least one of my plants this year so 30 gallon would be an expected average of 18oz, that was one reason for that size, the next reason would be my grow bag supplier stops offering 6 packs getting any larger than 30 gallon so to go to a 40 or 50 gallon my price doubles per bag and would have to buy em in 2 packs

When it comes to watering frequency u may need to adjust ur soil recipe, i build my own and use 25% coir and dont use peat. Coir holds 8 times its weight in water and doesnt have the hydrophobic splash back like peat does when it dries out

Those soil shield protectors would also help u on having to water less cuz its keeping roots cooler and not perspiring as much

5 Likes

You’ve been gone a long time my friend. I switched to indoor. I went to the dark side as they say.

5 Likes

Ya, been having issues breaking phones and forget i even have this since im usually more active in overgrow, looks like im playing catch up getting some helpful knowledge at ur fingertips though haha

5 Likes

Update on the baby. Looking good at 17 days since planting

7 Likes

24 Days

6 Likes

35 Days — They survived a massive unexpected monsoon storm this morning!

6 Likes

Tested PH 3 days after storm and went from 6.2 avg per plant down to 4.8-5.0!!!
That’s so crazy!
I’m assuming that’s what causing the leaf problems

Watered today with 7.0 to test PH like I always do.

My plan is to do next 2 waterings with 8.0 adjusted water and measure again next Sunday.
Sound right or should I hit them with 8.0 water now, even though they are thoroughly watered?

Here are some embarrassingly sparse growlogs

3 Likes