ARIZONA SB 1420 Passed in the senate

STATE OF ARIZONA SB 1420
A. MARIJUANA THAT IS CULTIVATED FOR MEDICAL USE BY A NONPROFIT MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY OR A DESIGNATED CAREGIVER IS AN AGRICULTURAL COMMODITY AS DEFINED IN RULE BY THE DEPARTMENT AND, BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2019, IS SUBJECT TO TESTING BY INDEPENDENT THIRD-PARTY LABORATORIES.

Be ahead of the game, call us today, we will bring our marijuana testing lab to you! 602-321-5695

www.kblabsaz.com

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

The Arizona department of agriculture will do the spot testing. They’ve been doing this for years with farmers. They have their own laboratory and they are good ! Growers and dispensaries should be ready because January 1, 2019 will be coming fast .

3 Likes

Congratulations AZ legislators on passing a bill that adds further regulations to an already overly-regulated industry without adding any benefit to the patients! :-1: I was so hopeful that AZ state lawmakers would finally relax the tax on an already overburdened patient base! I am saddened to hear that only the mold provision made it on the bill, but the outrageous tax to attain a patient card didn’t make the cut. Typical.

While I believe the need exists to protect patients through better testing practices, the manner by which lawmakers deceived voters (and perhaps even each other!) through procedural means was in and of itself a breach of ethics, thus a violation of trust.

Legislators managed to gather support from constituents and patient groups for this bill on the predicate of lowering costs for patients but then struck from the bill the provision that actually helped mitigate costs! In sales, we call that a “BAIT AND SWITCH” maneuver and it’s considered unethical. Unfortunately, it seems there exists no ethics or morals to AZ lawmakers.

I don’t need to pay a $150 fee to attain a valid AZ Medical Oxycontin Card, but they’ll let me take those lethal painkillers with no issue or tax. I guess this is what happens when you’re a politician in the pockets of drug manufacturers…

Sen. Borelli, as a registered patient, I look forward to seeing how you will manage to enforce this upcoming fiasco; should your misguided attempt at democracy actually pass!

Your veiled attempt at helping patients only will serve as an additional tax…Shame on you Sen. Borelli!

2 Likes