Tomorrow, April 23, we launch an episode of a brand new Canna Cribs series - Infused Chef.
You are definitely going to want to try out some of these recipes after watching!
LAVENDER SICHUAN DUCK
- 2-4 Duck Legs Cured for 2 Days
- Cure: 200g Salt
- ¼ cup Whole Peppercorns
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1-2lbs Duck Fat
- Honey to Coat
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Lavender
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Sichuan Peppercorns
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Coriander
Local Apple Medley Sliced and Caramelized with 5g of Uncle Herbs Coconut Oil drizzled on top
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- In a bowl combine the duck legs with the salt, peppercorns, and thyme. Package the duck legs in a plastic bag and set aside for 48 hours.
- Once the duck is cured (water weight removed) put the legs into a dutch oven and cover with the duck fat.
- Cook in the oven at 250F for 2-3 hours or until meat is falling off bone.
- When the duck is complete in the oven, heat a cast iron skillet. Then remove the duck from the fat and sear on both sides.
- Once a golden brown sear is established, brush the legs with a thin layer of honey.
- In a mortar and pestle lightly grind all of the spices together. The goal is to break open the peppercorns and lavender to release aromatics
- On the legs with honey sprinkle evenly the spice mixture
- For the quinoa, combine with chicken stock and cook until fluffy (5-10min)
- For the apples, cut into 1/2inch thin slices then cook in a cast iron skillet with some of the leftover duck fat until browned.
- To infuse heat the Uncle herbs coconut oil on low and drizzle atop the browned apples
- Combine quinoa, apples, and duck; serve.