Ask Me Anything w/ Susan Chicovsky from Green Mountain Harvest Dec 27 at 11am MST

@Roxanne
I see the industry continuing to expand and grow. More regulations taking place concerning this food product.
This excites me. I see more green, clean grows coming into play. We have a few already. I also see major companies coming into the industry. Several large tobacco companies have already bought land with this intention. I see the cannabis industry getting better, bigger and bolder. Its a thing of beauty.

3 Likes

I’m willing to bet there isn’t anyone reading what you just wrote that can’t relate to that in some way, shape, or form; there is a level of commitment that just doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

Do you think a more strict vetting process for applicants would help? Would it be out of the question to look into making an industry standard to require certification and training before even applying for this type of work? To (hope you like puns) “weed out” the riff-raff so to speak?

That actually leads to another question, what kind of experience and qualifications does it take to trim? I own a pair of fiskars and have trimmed plants, do you look for any professional qualities beyond that ability for general applicants? Is it less about the technique and more about the individual and personality with this type of trade? Or does the turnover mentioned unfortunately make it a “play the numbers” game?

1 Like

This concludes this week’s AMA. Thank you all for your questions!

A special thank you to @greenmountainharvest, for providing us with some great industry insight!

If you are interested in scheduling an AMA with us, send me an email: roxanne@growersnetwork.org

-Roxanne

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you @greenmountainharvest and @Roxanne for taking the time for this today!

2 Likes