We’re hosting an Ask Me Anything event on Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 at 11am MDT with Mark McNeely and Gerry Jones from Cannabis Insurance Solutions. They recently did a Growers Spotlight article and are now here to answer your questions about properly insuring your business.
About Mark and Gerry:
Mark brings a long career in sales with a rich and diverse background to CIS. Having spent 20 +years in the financial industry, but has spent the last 4 years Mark has been deeply involved in the cannabis space, worked for one of the larger vertically integrated marijuana operator in Colorado for 3 + years gaining extremely valuable insight into the daily operations of cultivation and extraction facilities, labs as well as dispensary operations. In addition, Mark provided consulting in the cannabis space to individual entrepreneurs as well as governmental agencies in states recently enacting marijuana legislation. Mark’s working relationships exist in all the states where marijuana is currently legal and extends across the entire country.
Gerry brings an incredible history in growing and developing companies in the B2B and commercial marketplace. He has led several startup companies to tremendous growth and successful exits strategies, including winning the Colorado Companies to watch in 2011.
- As a senior executive at DIRECTV overseeing the Commercial Division, he was responsible for the roll out of new products, pricing and marketing. Working with and training more than 2,000 commercial sales and installation partners. The new products resulted in an increase in commercial sales of 26%, over $60 million in new annualized revenue.
- 11 years of executive B2B Fortune 500 sales experience as President, EVP and VP.
- Senior Business Executive with 21 years of overall experience in the media and advertising industries.
- Led a division of a $19.7 billion global satellite broadcaster.
- Expert at executing new sales strategies, developing compensation plans, revenue models, new business development and new product launches.
- Skilled at managing M&A, cultural turnarounds, enhancing performance, improving morale and generating consistent revenue and EBITDA growth.
- Started two new advertising media companies, and led them to successful mergers.
- Have led teams of up to 12 direct reports with over 3,000 indirect reports.
- Launched a SaaS company using existing IP infrastructure that managed sales, proposals, inventory and pricing for the airline industry.
His passion for business to business products has brought him to this highly specialized insurance segment. “Protecting the Industry and the People in It” of our Cannabis clients, partners and investors in this complex business is his driving goal. He is a proud Colorado Buffalo with a passion for sports, coaches high school football and is a fun but less than average golfer. Gerry (pronounced Garry, it’s a West Texas thing) is lucky to have a great family with two tremendous high school and college aged boys.