Attack of the clones!

Clones of my first grow to see if I can do it better than Lucas did with the prequels!

Just finished my first grow. The recap…

It was from bag seeds a friend gave me.
Strains - Sweet Skunk (not Island), Royal Blue Mana x Durban
Grow space was corner of my basement bathroom.
White walls and silver reflector
2 were LST’d - 1 manifolded (biggest yield)
3 gallon plastic pots
Pro-mix
General Hydroponics nutrients (did not pH)

1 - Bestva 600 (non-lensed version)
Yield - 89grams with a lot of larf from 3 plants
Koalas weren’t very dense

I guess I missed one bud that hermie’d because I found two seeds when trimming.

The current grow

Clones (cut before the flip) of the first crop were under 125w CLF while crop finished flower
Grow space is now a 3x3 tent instead white walls and reflectors.
bought a second Bestva 600watt (with focused lenses) as a stop gap veg light until I can build DIY light using either Samsung strip boards or Photo Boost Strips from PacLightCon if they get them back in stock while I have the cash.
Topped tree times so far, branching and going to try SCROG-ing this time
5 gallon cloth pot
Pro-mix
Still using the GenHydro nutes but with a different feed schedule feeding with every watering (~2L per plant)

CalMg - 3ml per Gallon
FloraMicro - 5ml PG
FloraGro - 5ml PG
FloraBloom - 3ml PG

I’ll be adding Diamond Nectar, LQ KoolBloom, FloraBlend this week.

pH’d to 6.4 using white vinegar

I’m not married to GenHydro, but it’s where I started… VERY open to feedback on feeding!

I’d like to flip as soon as the canopy is set, but may have to wait for DIY light. Either way I’d like to flip before three more weeks.

Here are some pics from two weeks ago. I would have posted this journal earlier but I destroyed my laptop cable, so here we are…

Always feel free to correct me if I’m wrong…

correct-me-if-im-wrong-youre-wrong-3520200

CHEERS!!!

6 Likes

These are from this morning. Filling out the canopy for the flip.

8 Likes

Healthy looking girlies keep up the good work;)

4 Likes

Beautiful! You’ve got lovely ladies there, my friend!

3 Likes

Thanks they are coming along nicely. Just did a lollipop trim and flipped them 12/12. Hope to harvest sometime around Halloweed! :laughing:

2 Likes

I just recently did exactly that also. We should be harvesting around the same time.

2 Likes

We’ll be harvest “buds”

(sorry, I can never resist a pun.)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Wow! Can’t believe it’s been tree weeks since my last photo post! The clones are doing really well. I wish I would have flipped them a week earlier because they are crazy tall now! Starting the third week of flower.

6 Likes

Nice plants, hopefully everything is going well, you going to update soon?

3 Likes

Things have been crazy around these parts! Seems I can only do updates every three weeks! The girls are looking pretty happy in week 5/flower. They are getting very hungry and thirsty. They are much fatter than my first crop and so much fuller. Here’s some of the pretty ones.

5 Likes

Happy looking girlies;) good job your learning fast :clap:

2 Likes

Thanks @hoppiefrog! I’m itchin’ to try some different strains.

I’m thinking about building a DIY light using either the Samsung Horticulture Linear Strips or the Pacific Lighting Concepts photo-boost strips. That should set me up lighting. I’d also like to try CO2 next grow.

1 Like

I know the photoboost strips are the way I’m gonna go for my first led (I’m running hps & MH ATM)

1 Like

The CO2 is great stuff ,just be sure u have all the light u need and u can control the environment completely or the CO2 will go to waste

1 Like

Also any gap larger than 1/8" CO2 will escape as well tho it’s heavy and stays below 5ft

1 Like

I’ve done CO2 with aquarium plants so I’ve got a little background experience in water. Do you have any suggestions for me to start with? I’ve got two regulators, bubble counters, air stones, and a ton of CO2 hoses. Looking at what others have in their photos, seems that I’ll need a CO2 meter & a coil of hose

Here I am again with my "once every three week update. Too quote Queen (well kind of quote) “Fat budded girls make the rockin’ world go round!” Seems like the nutes are where they should be, the tips of the leaves are just starting to brown. I’d like to see more trichomes, but overall, not bad.

Week 8 - waiting for the flush…

6 Likes

Looking good brother :wink:

3 Likes

Lookin good👌 I can smell them from here!

4 Likes