Auto Flowers ,any hints or tips?

New to Auto flowers .any info would be greatly appreciated.

10 Likes

BasicNearBlackbuck-size_restricted

Welcome @crowkiller :grin: it is great to have you here!

We have some great auto Growers here! A couple are @blackthumbbetty @sdgreene @screwauger :wink:

9 Likes

Hello there welcome,I’m sure you will find the help you need here.i will leave the tips to the auto pros;)

9 Likes

You don’t grow any autos @hoppiefrog or @missiles?

I’ve only grow 2 autos @crowkiller and I grew them in temps that exceeded 120°F.

They stunted so bad and flowered super early because of it so if I was to suggest anything at all it would be to minimize their stress

8 Likes

Yes I’ve grown a few in my day :wink: I’ve grown more autos than photos so far.

If I can help in any way @crowkiller just let me know :wink:

7 Likes

Hey dude ! I love autos ! Feel free to tag me with any questions @missiles and @blackthumbbetty @not2sureyet know autos well too :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks !
I’m just looking for any basic/advanced tips or tricks .
I’ve grown lots of photos, but only on my second auto grow.

9 Likes

Welcome… I’m doing my first run on autos and have noticed the longer you can keep them from flowering the better yield you will have. The less stress the better…

9 Likes

Just remember, with autos it is a race against the hormonal clock. You need to time training just right to get a good sized plant before she is in full flower . So I like to avoid any high stress methods that are likely to induce early flowering or stunting ( topping, excessive supper cropping , fimming) instead , I train autos into a bowl shape using lst that allows for Max total colas and light penetration with little to no stress .

9 Likes

I was gonna say that candelabra type shape we’ve talked about before but all done as low stress as possible

9 Likes

Do you defoliate autos ?

6 Likes

I do once they have started into flowering. I start out small to make sure she can handle it and if so I’ll do a little more over a few days

5 Likes

Do you remove whole branches or just the fan leaves?

5 Likes

that depends usually it’s just leaves but if you have a pretty big size Auto and she has small branches that won’t amount to much I’ll remove those too. They are usually the ones at the bottom that grow a bunch of larf on them

6 Likes

Put 'em over water so they get big. :smiley: Can avoid transplant issues or layering soil, etc.

The one in the back is an ILGM blueberry auto. :stuck_out_tongue:

If I could get a Cindy high with the taste of that one autoflower I grew I’d be all set.

16 Likes

That blueberry is fabulous Al !

5 Likes

Beautiful plant !
What lights are you running ?

7 Likes

I run Citizens CLU-048-1212 COBs in a 3000K 90CRI spectrum. I run them at 40w each, five per rail, with three rails in the 4x4 for a total of 600w. I figure I’m just a bit under max photons before CO2 is required.

8 Likes

I only grow them outdoors if I do

5 Likes

What happened? Looks like part of it broke free from the scrog or something lol

6 Likes