Autoflower Believed AK47 week5 help needed

My plants started changing leaf color and it looks like a deficiency or abundence of nutrience of some kind, can anyone tell me whats going on here? Temp is good, and humidity is good also.

9 Likes

They seem to look good in the picture. If your see a light yellow color at the top itā€™s probably new growth.

7 Likes

Okay,is that common to see in autos in full veg phase because they were growing in green

7 Likes

Green and upright is always good imho :wink:
Make sure your light source is at the correct distance.

6 Likes

It could mean itā€™s getting ready to flower or itā€™s just growing. Iā€™ve never had good luck in growing AK47 autoā€™s, the genetics were unstable.

5 Likes

Like John Carpenterā€™s ā€œThe Thingā€ unstable? Damn, Dudeā€¦

5 Likes

@truthhound they were pre 98 seeds and spent a long time in a dark cool place. They were bought in Amsterdam back in 2000 and got lost in a crisper bin in a refrigerator! I was probably lucky that they germinated. The only one that actually grew, got 8 inches tall and produced 2 grams! Lol!

6 Likes

Yeah theyve been needy, prob not best for first time lost 1 due to not germinating lost another a week and a half in and purged another because it was dying no matter what i tried and was way smaller, still got 6 tho

7 Likes

noob,
Iā€™m going to make a few comments based on what I see, I have no idea of what your nutrient program has been so these are kinda general observations.

First off, a lot of growers do not understand that nitrogen METABOLISM in any plants is DEPENDENT on sulfur availabilityā€¦an easy treatment to carry out would be applying a WEAK solution of magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) to your soil/media, give it 5 days and observe the plantā€™s reaction.
You donā€™t want to go nuts with the magnesium sulfate because it will screw up your Calcium:Magnesium ratioā€¦if you see results with your light application, you would know sulfur IS an issue. At that point I would make sure I was feeding some potassium sulfateā€¦

Second thing I would consider is applying some micronutrientsā€¦your looking for Zinc, Manganese, Iron, with a little touch of Boronā€¦thereā€™s a billion of them out there so I make no specific recsā€¦

Bob

10 Likes

I use all advanced nutriants sensigrow A and B, B52, Voodoo Juice. Every 3 days (caps worth because i dont have a good measuring tool per 100ml also just started giving overdrive about half a cap per 200ml

)

7 Likes

You know, that kind of reinforces my suspicions about lacking adequate sulfateā€¦the only sulfate I see is in your Sensi Grow part B. It says thereā€™s 6% potassium derived from potassium nitrate and potassium SULFATEā€¦you canā€™t determine exactly how much of each but because the potassium sulfate is mentioned AFTER the potassium nitrate in the derivation statement (ā€˜derived fromā€™') it generally would signify potassium sulfate is the minor contributionā€¦Your micronutrient does contain Iron and Mangasnese but lacks the Zinc which is normally greater than Iron, Manganese, or Boron in micronutrientsā€¦

Gosh, if you can purchase small amounts of Zinc sulfate and potassium sulfate (powders) I would add a pinch of both each time you watered , I believe youā€™d see the change your looking forā€¦

Thanks for showing the labels !

8 Likes

I am from north of Norway; I have heard a lot about things that has been made by Russian Scientists; and just now I heard that Auto Cannabis Flowers are made in labs in Russia in the 60-70 while they where trying to find out about the hippie movements in the states; so the Autflower plants are acctually not ā€œrealā€, they are made upā€¦ by Russians.

4 Likes

Um, OK ā€¦might want to read up on Ruderalis!

9 Likes

Iā€™m. Autos were made by taking a hemp plant they found that flowers on its own timeline and .ating it with a cannabis plant which in turn made the cannabis plant pull the auto traits into the can plant. It is no way near made by Russians. I mean little man made crazy devices r made by Russians Russians may have found the hemp plant and mated it with cannabis but the way it sounds is like u think they added something to the plant genetically to make it an auto. I do grow autos but I find that they seem to lack a lot of things that photo type bring out like the percentage of return upon extracting. Lol. Autos give me a 5 to 8% return rate where as a photo plant will give me 12 to 18% return autos r still fun to grow and watch tho

4 Likes

Agreed @TheMadFlascher, some easy reading would show Ruderalis is native to Southern Siberia (about as Russian as it makes it) where it adapted its day-neutral properties due to the harsh environment and short growing season. Doubt Russian scientists were trying to correlate the hippy movement arising from Ruderalis autoflowering plants that had weak potency.

6 Likes

Perhaps the Ruskys couldnā€™t find Humbolt county or Haight-Ashbury on a map ??

7 Likes

Wouldnā€™t have helped LOL, all the best of Humboldt and the Bay was from labs deep in the Hindu Kush mountains, Thailand and other regions of the world where scientists were trying to create the perfect plant to make us Americans lazyā€¦if only they succeeā€¦oh, wait :zipper_mouth_face:

7 Likes