Autoflower- heat problems. Help about new light schedule

Hi growers from the world !! :slight_smile:
I am having problems with heat. This is my first growing. I also build the growing tent my self.
The temperature in my growing tent is usually 27 degrees celsius. I am getting worried because my plants are almost 5 weeks old and they should start soon the flowering stage. I cut above the room a new ventilation hole I also have 2 fans, carbon filter with fan and I am using led lights.
My plants are autoflowers and then have 20 hours of light and 4 of darkness. I am thinking about distributing the 4 hours of darkness around the 20 hours of light. For example after every hour 15 minutes of darkness.
This might help to bring down temperatures. Does anyone have done this? I want to know if is a possible solution for my problem.

Seeds: Auto power plant from dutch passion
They are almost 5 weeks old (from seed to harvest they take 10 weeks)
Led lights 300w
Height: 50cm and 42 cm

1 Like

Your air pump should be extracting hot air from your room, at the highest point possible. You should run one extraction fan per light - or increase from a 4 to 6 inch fan. The fans should have adjustable speeds. Your key to cooler temps is removing them from the room and your extraction fans should be doing just that. Allow cooler temps to enter the room from a low point in the room. Don’t mess with the light schedule. Plants don’t encounter that in nature and it can’t do anything but confuse them. But 27egrees c is just 80 degrees f - that’s not hot. 32degrees is. You want to see temps range from 21-29 degrees- lights off to lights on.

2 Likes

Hi @elbaretuli,

Not to sure, but is that aluminum foil you are using to cover the walls and floors? If so, that could be your problem by creating heat spots on the plants. Your temperature of 27 is not bad at all but good idea to start looking the problems. A simple fix right now would be to reduce the number of lights hours immediately.

1 Like

Thanks alot
No I am not using aluminum foil on the walls . I am using a cheap plastic paper i found online. Today I have been checking the temperature. And the new hole above the tent has drop the temperature to 25. So it seems to have solve my problems :slight_smile: :).
Small question what temperature ideally I should have during the flowering stage ? I read it should be 24 celsius

And I am having a humidity of 55 to 60% is it to high for the flowering stage??? And any tips in how to bring it down without dehumidifier

Thanks a lot

1 Like