Autoflower Twenty20 contest

Twizzlers and whiskey zulu

4 Likes

Let’s do this!
:fist:

3 Likes

Chicago Demands respect, and so did I on my wedding day.
:joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Seeds are popping already, just split open, no tail yet. Gonna let them go a couple more hours then into the dirt. made up my cups with Canna coco on the bottom and 2" of pure worm castings on the top, mixed a teaspoon each of Recharge and Mycos into the worm castings. and then hydrated the cup with Ph’ed water and Roots Gold. I’ll post a pic of the beans before they go to their home in the dirt.

3 Likes

Ok they started sprouting fast. I don’t wait for a long tail, my thinking is, the very first length of root should touch the soil it is going to grow in as soon as it exits the seed caseing. I really doubt it makes much difference, but I just do it that way. I also plant them root UP, as nature intended. lol.

Here is the beans in the towels just before getting put in the worm castings. Watered in with roots gold and water only. No nutes. This is the Twizzlers autoflower.

Only 18 hrs for these beans to pop.

5 Likes

Im loving the vigor! Excellent! Im going to be latched onto this journal hard!

3 Likes

I should be dropping mine Saturday. I don’t even have them yet. I am also getting some not released yet testers.

7 Likes

@automatik Has Twenty20 given you any pictures or info on the freebie you sent us the Hindsight? Would really like to know the goodies on this one.

4 Likes

Mail drop today, yeah I know I’m slow to the party but good till the end :grin: we just dropping these when we get them?

3 Likes

@sssportsmfg - Hindsight cross is Wook Stomper (Sour Snow x Mendo Cookies) x The Whip! (Strawberry Kush x Sour Snow)

3 Likes

I think everyone is popping them when they get them. I did. Some can’t because of room or haveing other plants in the wrong stage. I had enough room to put two more in my tent, but it won’t be the optimal light cycle for them. Mine just popped up today.

4 Likes

Yes I saw that on my package…was just wondering if @automatik had any info we can’t see yet. A picture of the strain, and a writeup on the cross. Their catalog says info coming soon, so it’s a brand new strain.

3 Likes

How’s your babies?

1 Like

Struggling…it’s like I have a little Grimlin pissing PH up into my water 24/7. I adjust it down to 5.5 and a couple of hours later it is at 6.6 to 6.9. A bunch of the leaves are turning spotted all over, they are pale and I am just about ready to give this whole hydro thing a heave ho.

This morning I spent 2 hours slowing adding PH down till I got to 5.6, I just finished that long process 20 minutes ago…when you just asked this question I thought I would see where the PH was after 20 minutes of constant re-circulation…it is already back up to 6.1. I am at my wits end.

2 Likes

I dont understand that.
Did you ask tygrow?
Hes a very detailed grower

1 Like

Mine fluctuates but not that bad.
Did you try mixing your nutrients in different orders?

1 Like

No I haven’t I have been in correspondence with the nute company TPS. They are very good about tech support, they suggested that my water was to “virgin” if you will because of it being rain water and suggested that I pre buffer it with a little of PH up and PH down before I add the nutes. The thery was that the ions are not bonding correctly because of the purity of the water with very low PPM. So I asked them if that also applied to RO water which is what almost eveyone suggests you use and they said yes RO water will do the same thing. But I haven’t seen anyone else that uses RO water having this kind of problem. It really is getting to be an all day baby sitting experience lol.

And I just saw your new question and I also asked that of the nute company, they only had one suggestion and that was that I put the pH up and down in the virgin water, then the Silicone, then wait a few minutes to let the silicone bond to the molecules and stabilize and then put in the base nutes A and B and after that no particular order was required. I have asked everythng I can think of and they always answer but it isn’t changing my problem of this constantly climbing PH.

1 Like

I use RO water.
But we are using different nutes. My water starts o ppm.
I’m tagging tygrow over in your journal.
Im curious why this is happening and maybe we both can learn something. If that’s ok

1 Like

Hey that is fantastic for sure!! I can’t figure it out, it is not really fluctuating…it is just going up fast way to fast it is within minutes that it does this, and I adjust it back down and it does it all over again just as fast, yesterday I got so fustrated after adjusting it 4-5 times I just closed the bucket up and said the hell with it lol…this morning it was back up to 6.8 again. Now I should tell you that I asked my nute company what were the best PH up and PH down to use and they told me citric and phosphoric acid for down, and Potassuim Hydroxide for the UP. So instead of using a retail PH up and down solution I got the pure chemicals and just add a tiny bit at a time let it circulate until the water in all 5 buckets stabilize in PH and then add a little more until I get to around 5.5 or 5.6 and then check it an hour or so later and it is way back up again. I am wondering if the commercial Ph solutions have some kind of buffer in them to keep it more stable? So anyway yesterday I ordered a gallon each of PH up and down. I bought Bloom city pro up and down. Supposed to be a combination of chemicals to keep it more stable instead of just one kind of acid in the down they have two, and they use a combination of three different chemicals in the Up. But both of them use the same chemicals I am already using for up and down. So I am just lost lol.

Matter of fact I was reading one of his posts and followed that grow from start until where he is now and he uses AN nutes. I am really considering going to AN nutes on Tuesday when I change the water again.

3 Likes

Do you “pre buffer” your RO water before you put your nutes in? As my nute company suggested I do?

My rain water was at 6.1 and 13 ppm when I started. So I added extra cal-mag in at 1cc per gallon because of it being so pure. the recommended cal mag is 1cc per gallon, so I upped it to 2 cc per gallon. TPS also suggested that I do that after I already had.

2 Likes