Automate trimming and hash making ( ͡👁️ ͜ʖ ͡👁️)🍁

I have been looking for instructions on making a DIY pollen tumbler and came a cross a couple other very interesting designs. What i like is you can build a 3-in-1 unit cheap and easy at home with the right tools and drill. What you all think, this could save a serious amount of time?

Step 1 Wet Trim

Step 2 Dry Trim

Step 3 Make dry sift from your trim

10 Likes

Well thats cool! Thanks for ppsting that! :+1::pray:

6 Likes

With absolute pleasure, i am glad you think its cool and not just me. Hope this can help someone save a tonne of time.

6 Likes

This video is a better example of the dry sift tumbler, using the same or similar tools.

8 Likes

Ive got a sifter but its hand powered. I added a motor but its too slow. I havent messed with it for a while.

5 Likes

Haha that laugh at 2:36 makes me laugh out loud. Woody Woodpeckers little brother.

6 Likes

So the faster the better or a variable motor the best option? I have an old spare drill I was thinking of using.

Haha that laugh at 2:36 makes me laugh out loud.

Too good not to listen to again.

4 Likes

A friend of mine made a dry sift hash maker out of a used one like this picture. He removed the bowl and replaced it with a plastic bucket, then put in a removable plastic bucket with a lid. The lid of the removable bucket he placed a hook in the center of it to hang bubble hash bags. He uses 3 bubble hash bags of different microns with the main bag of 220 micron to hold the plant material and the other 2 bags over the 220 micron bag with some space between the bags to collect the kief sorted by micron, then runs it on a timer between 1 hour to 1.5 hours. He loves it. Low cost and easy to repair and use!

6 Likes

Hummm I might have to dig out the rock tumbler…forgot all about them, I have two of them and a viabrating lap.

Thanks nacho
Marty

3 Likes

The one he uses was mine that I used to polish brass with. I was going to throw it away and he said he needed it when I upgraded to a ultra sonic cleaner. Lol! I don’t know for sure, but if you used a drum style rock tumbler it probably could be used as a tumbler trimmer for small amounts of weed! Lol! I am guessing that you could do a large amount of weed with a drum type rock tumble if you could rig a bucket to sit on the rollers! I was just looking at a Frankfort Arsenal Brass tumbler and that would probably work as a weed tumbler trimmer for about 1/4 pound.

2 Likes

@sssportsmfg here is a video using a shaker. The Vibratory tumbler works the same way.

2 Likes

Here is a better video showing the vibratory dry sifter in action. It’s setup a little different than the one my friend did but his works just as good!

2 Likes

Damn -Wow

3 Likes

This was awesome to read. I’ve got an extra set of bubble bags that are about to be cut apart and repurposed now. :blush::green_heart:

4 Likes

I wish I had known what my friend was planning on using my old vibrating tumbler for it would have saved me time and money! Lol! I think if you try it you will be happy with what it does for the price and repurposing things is another one of my hobbies!

4 Likes