Backyard Greenhouse

Having trouble finishing outdoors? I have had an experience this year that may help you. What you need to know is that this greenhouse is very easy to keep above freezing. I use what I have because this was my first year growing marijuana. We have had the greenhouse for ten years, but I have never tried heating it. I do not recommend using a heat dish, but it is what I had.

In this greenhouse with heatdish, and oil radiator and floor fan I can keep temperature above freezing even when the winter came early down to 5 F, -15C.

Therefore, if you are thinking about growing outdoors and you have good hot temperatures in the summer like we do in Ontario Canada, then you should consider a greenhouse. The benefits include keeping rain off your plants and ability to manage temperature in spring, summer and fall. This could be the future of the hobbyist. I am just amazed.

4 Likes

That’s a cool little greenhouse :+1:

2 Likes

That is awesome. I know this old man here that says you can grow anything if keep the root zone at 70 degrees. He would run heated water into hoses under the plants but inside the pots to keep them warm. Actually greenhouses are the wave of the future and the best way to grow cannabis. Total climate control. Is your roof clear?

2 Likes

I know a lot about greenhouses. I built my own also but its still illegal here to grow. So i grow vegetables in it and some small tropical plants.:shushing_face:
are those windows?

1 Like

I got these 250watt solar panels for my greenhouse!

3 Likes

Yes, our greenhouse is built with windows. The roof is greenhouse plastic that needs to be replaced every 4-5 years, or like now. That is what I mean, once legalization happens more people, like me, will throw some seeds in soil using what they have and the word is going to spread how easy it is to grow in the vegetation cycle. Renewed interest in the hobby could really take off. Greenhouses could be the trend at that point, especially for trying to finish flowering in regions with short summer. Afterwards, these hobby growers may look towards going indoors. This should REALLY affect the business model of supply stores.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Pictures from September 21, 2019. When prohibition falls, and people grow cannabis for fun they may suddenly attract all of their friends to this plant and renew passion for marijuana and this is one of the most effective forms of normalizing the culture. Just as the local food movement has taken America by storm in the way that it connects kids and adults to the food they eat, cannabis culture is awaiting the same re invigoration. The dream of premium buds sungrown is achievable for some, but many will start here and then go indoors, and the rest will embrace cannabis culture as users but with more natural, organic connection to our roots. Grower suppliers, Greenhouse suppliers and sungrown cannabis growers get ready for an important industry sector that will guide normalization globally!

2 Likes

A friend gave me these plants for free, and I spent zero dollars.

1 Like

4 Likes

That is a sativa strain in the background that I trained like a vine. I wasted a lot of time on that one only because it was my first experience with it and my first year ever. It was exciting though let me tell you. Merry Christmas everyone!

1 Like

Very Good for your first year @shawnewalton.

1 Like

Thank-You! @docdre

1 Like

Damn you @shawnewalton
I cant use my greenhouse for growing That! God damn i wish i could! Very nice plant my man! And sorry for the late response. Man i cant wait until i can use the greenhouse.

AMAZING indeed!

@PreyBird1 Thank-you! Right?!!!

1 Like

Green house is the wave of the future. I wish i coukd pipe my indoor grow air into the greenhouse in the winter. I waste a lot of heat all day and night long. Then i could use the greenhouse and light deprivation covering to grow many harvests a year.

1 Like

I have looked at many coverings and there is some that is like bubble wrap and it stays much warmer. Also you can use double layer film and on the inside take a piece of tape stick it to the side like a “T” shape then pull it away from the outside layer and cut a small 2" cirle hole. And then there is a air pump that blows air in between the layers and adds additional insulation.

Whether greenhouse is the wave of the future is what I want to talk shop about.

It is too cold here. If your climate allows growing in greenhouse in the winter you could do that with a temperature controller on your greenhouse heaters.

Yes but its illegal here! Or trust me it would be full of plants.

1 Like

I feel your pain man. Don’t worry it will happen. It is legal to have up to 4 plants per household in Canada.