Benefits of running 20/4 vs 18/6 for auto flowers

Last season I grew 18/6 and found out that I got an average of 2 to 4 ounces per plant I was wondering if I upped it to 20/4 would I get more bud again?!? And even denser nugs etc

3 Likes

Probably get more bud going with less light. Especially toward the end

2 Likes

I take my 10 day old, well rooted cuttings(or seeds)straight into the media and lights go 24 hours for 30 days and then I flip to flower for 60 days. I also don’t flush and can cut to dry earlier for a faster crop, about 4 ounces easy per plant, very manageable and absolutely consistent results even with new unknown genetics. Interesting topic this.

2 Likes

I’m completely new and never grown (past the germ stage at least, lol), so my response holds no weight. But wouldn’t trying to replicate the temporal change that the Ruderalis genetics enjoys lead to max yield? If so, then we’d want to start with long light days replicating the summer solstice (maybe starting 20/4 and gradually decreasing over a few weeks to 18/6) for veg. growth and drop to a target of 8/16 or 10/14 (plus drop temps to harden off the plant) by the end of flower (when winter sunlight would be super short), right? I’m super curious about this question too because I have some auto seeds (and again have yet to grow anything, just gaining knowledge and supplies :grin:) and want to give my first attempt it’s best shot at some great greenery 🪴

Edit: my post is from the mindset of a personal grower who could pay attention to a single plant (or a few) and dedicate the time to a schedule like the one I mention :wink: this obviously wouldn’t be practical for those who grow on a larger scale.

3 Likes