Best dehumidifiers for small grow tents?

Happy New Year grow friends!!!
I’m considering buying a dehumidifier but not sure if it’s really worth it for a 2’x2’ grow tent. I need to measure my “lung room”, also known as my living room, in NY State to determine if it’s really necessary.
Any suggestions? What equipment have you had good experience with?
Thanks in advance! :v::face_in_clouds:

5 Likes

I have a few questions. What is the average humidity in the room the tent is in? Is humidity in that room seasonal (Summer/Winter)? Do you have an exhaust fan system that has a humidity sensor?

4 Likes

The tent is in my living room and according to my AC Infinity controller the humidity in the living room is near 55-50%. I got the AC Infinity inline exhaust fan hooked up so right now it keeps everything near 60% but it does drop the temperature near 72°F
I’m on the fence of buying a dehumidifier because during the summer the air conditioner will kick on & also reduce the humidity right?
I’d rather not hook up another piece of equipment unless it’s REALLY necessary.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Happy new years to you to. I used a dehumidifier for my small grow and it worked and saved my skin due to the heavy rains we had while drying, I think i saved alot from getting the growers worst nightmare PM. I used this unit below but have since sold it since turning the lights off.

https://growershouse.com/ideal-air-50-pint-dehumidifier

5 Likes

I’m thinking that the only time you might need a small dehumidifier is when your dry your harvest, as long as you can control your humidity levels with your fans.

4 Likes

That’s kind of what I’m thinking as well, thanks!
I dried a very very small batch with the cardboard trick last fall & I’m hopeful i can do something similar this round. My batch will be larger this time, at least I hope!
You think those drying racks worth the money?

4 Likes

I use these type racks, but a cardboard box and a thick string works also. Just as long as you have good air circulation you should be fine.

3 Likes