Looking for a strong gummy recipe. Any favorites?
Recipe: Cherry, Green Tea, and CBD Gummy Bears (Works for THC as well)
Start to finish: 45 minutes (active: 30 minutes)
Yields : 50 gummy bears
Approximate dosage: 5mg CBD and 1mg THC per gummy bear*
*Note: Potency may vary widely depending on your tincture.
- Food-grade condiment bottle
- Food-grade silicone gummy bear molds
- Measuring cup
- 1 oz CBD tincture (I used Ethos 250mg CBD Tincture—if you use a tincture with more or less CBD, divide the total milligrams in your tincture by 50 to calculate the approximate dosage of each bear)
- 2 green tea bags
- 3 tablespoons creamed honey
- ½ cup coconut water
- ¾ cup tart cherry juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons agar-agar powder or gelatin
- ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
Cannabis and Coconut Oil: Uses, Benefits, and a Recipe to Make Your Own
- Pour coconut water into small saucepan. Bring to boil, then steep green tea bags in coconut water for up to 10 minutes (but no less than 4 minutes). Compost tea bags.
- Add cherry juice, salt, and creamed honey to saucepan. Stir gently until mixture is homogenous. Return mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add agar-agar powder and whisk constantly for 3–4 minutes. (Note: The texture of agar-agar can be unsatisfying for folks used to the gelatin-based gummy bears. You can replace with gelatin, if you’d like.)
- Add your desired dosage of CBD tincture (alcohol, coconut oil, or glycerin tinctures are all fine) and whisk thoroughly until fully incorporated.
- Turn off stovetop and place funnel in condiment bottle.
- Transfer gummy bear liquid to condiment bottle. Be careful! This liquid is crazy hot and you will need to work quickly.
- Using oven mitt or hot pad, hold bottle and squeeze liquid into gummy bear mold.
- Transfer mold to refrigerator and let set for 15 minutes.
- Remove bears from tray and store in airtight container.
- Enjoy one or two at a time in 30 minute intervals until desired dosage is reached—that is, stop before you become the GIF below. (Editor’s note: CBD bears will not make you “trip bear balls.”)
I was looking for tripping bear balls for myself lol.
Here’s my gummie recipe.
I call these: Doobie Rubies
26 pieces, 1 per serving
–1 3.94oz Box Sonic Cherry-Lime gelatin
–2 ¼oz packets unflavored gelatin
–½ tsp Raspberry Soda Stream flavoring
–1 tbsp honey
–¼ cup Apple Juice
–3 grams decarbed cannabis oil/feco/rso/taffy, etc
–candy molds that hold 5-10ml
–5 ml needle-less syringe
–2 glass measuring cups
1.In a glass measuring cup, thoroughly combine all gelatin.
2.In the other measuring cup, thoroughly dissolve the honey in the apple juice.
3.Very thoroughly mix the apple juice solution into the gelatin.
4.Place the hash and flavoring in the non-stick pan and turn the heat to low; allow the hash to start melting a little and stir it together with the flavoring a couple times.
5.Stir the gelatin mixture into the hash oil mixture, and cook on low for about 7-10 minutes, stirring until often until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Keep mixture warm during the following step.
6.Oil your candy mold with cooking spray & fill it using the 5ml syringe.
7.Chill for an hour, then pop in the freezer for 10 minutes before unmolding.
8.Coat lightly with cornstarch to prevent sticking. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Cornstarch coating not pictured.
Thank you for this!! I can’t wait to try <3 @blackthumbbetty
Hey @blackthumbbetty whats up how are you? good to see you here.
Oh this is a thread that needs to stay!!!