Best LED Grow Light for Cannabis

Cannabis is a plant for which light (or dark) is a necessary component for inducing flowering. Cannabis will flower only when days are short as the plant’s chemical signal begins to accumulate. In nature, we see this happen during the fall. In a controlled production setting, grow lights can be used to manipulate this chemical signaling to better control crop growth rates, yield, and other characteristics.

Regardless of flower, vegetative, or mother growth stages, our Horticultural LEDs can be used successfully for vigorous plant growth and yields. Our spectrum maximizes energy output beyond the red and blue PAR ranges for the most efficient photosynthetic potential, as well as provides better canopy penetration and yield uniformity from the bottom of the plant to the top.

Since Cannabis is an especially high-light crop, cultivators will realize major cost savings with up to 70% reduced energy-usage compared to traditional HID fixtures. Cultivators can further increase lighting efficiency by utilizing smartPAR Wireless Control to create precision light schedules, manage multiple grow rooms from a single device, and to easily manage lighting for multiple growth stages in a single grow room.

LEDs may be manipulated to further control the development of the plant beyond just flowering times. Light spectra are important for controlling the plants perception of their environment and how much light they are receiving. The intensity of light is important for the plants perception of where it’s leaves are and how much light they’re receiving. If the ratio of blue to red increases, the plant perceives more intense light and will not “stretch” vertically as it grows. This will result in a very tight branching pattern, something that is desirable in some cases. A decrease in the intensity of light will have the opposite effect. Changes in light spectra have also been proven to manipulate cannabinoid, and THC levels.

PanthrX image FEATURES

• Energy-efficient LED grow Light system
  • Long-life, low maintenance system 100,000 hours based on LM70
  • Full spectrum white light output with high-efficiency output up to 2.1 umol/J
  • ETL certified for commercial production
  • Easy Installation and eco-friendly
  • Integrated 120-277 system, no external transformers or drivers required
  • Extra efficient heat sinks to maintain lower overall ambient temperature
  • Designed for Indoor use only.

Crecer Lighting continues to work with some of North America’s Cannabis cultivation enterprises to advance the industry’s understanding of the interactions between light and Cannabis.

For more information send a message to @Crecer_Lighting

6 Likes

My current 800w LED is 2.5umol/j its designed for commercial use IP6 my GPW is off the charts. I like what you guys have to offer aswell. it seems pretty good. would love to grow a batch with one of these.
What the veg/flwr footages. Height from canopy and such?

5 Likes

Dear MK3_Pharms,

Thank you for interested in our products. PanthrX Veg footage is 5’ x 5’ at 48" while flower footage is 4’ x 4’ at 36" Height. you can check ppfd chart on our website crecerlighting.com.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

4 Likes

How do you compare LED Lights? A blind, here are the 5 things everyone should have. For me right now LED is the way to go. But, few seem to me to have the features I think, I want as a grower for a major capital purchase.

I look at the potential of matching the light to the thin film spectrometry of my cultivars to maximize the growth cycle yields. I want my plants to be little factories.
Yield is going to be a driver. Grams/decameter/week is going to be my core metric. For any cultivar I choose.

4 Likes

Ethan,
you are right. As a grower, yield is important and maximum yield means more profit. Full spectrum led lights with high PPFD helps more natural growth to cannabis and it helps to increase high yield. LED will increase the bud cycle and you have more yield than HPS. Also saving money on electricity. using our spectrum light, some of our growers increase their yield by 180-200%.
Using LED, you can complete cycle within 14 weeks. 4 weeks Veg (18 hr a day) and 10 weeks flower (12 hr a day). also we directly work with growers for their lighting solution so we can provide them affordable price and overall operation cost go down and they can have ROI withing 1.5 years.

4 Likes

I grew in the HPS days picking lights was hard work.

Picking them today is even harder. How do I compare one light to another.

I know how I will cost account. Everything is billed to the crop cycle of the batch. The batch by weeks and 1/10 meter squared. This gives solid granularity of metrics. I can bill back to our crops. Let’s say for operating sake that I have a batch maturing and finishing every week. Buy my superior queueing algorithm.

How do I compare one LED light to another.

3 Likes
  1. Spectrum including white light, blue light, green light, red light and far red light. (380nm to 730 nm wavelength)
  2. PPF Output (umol/s)
  3. Efficiency of LED (umol/J)
  4. Uniformity over the canopy
  5. Safety certification (UL or ETL)
  6. Warranty
    This is very important part while compare LEDs. Then compare price of all led based on these parameters.
    Use test lab report of verify lab for real numbers. people use fake number for output. Mostly Chinese manufacturer.
5 Likes

Can you for pass the old Spinach test.

I want to tune to my absorbision spectum.

4 Likes

Ive been using Kind LED’s, and they are great. I’m pulling 3 a light

3 Likes

The PantherX has been in use in my grow close to ten days. Its very nice. Great coverage. Plants love it. Be sure to check out my current grow with it. Ty @Crecer_Lighting for this amazing light.

4 Likes

Tom,

What are your comparison points?

And how do we create some type of benchmark for comparison. Kinda hard to do double blind study.

Could you measure wieght gain during the grow?

Or use on of the volumetric calculation to estimate dry wieght? I would think modify the tree volume spray calculation could give a useful number as a KPI. What we do for a KPM’s I don’t have a realistic idea today. @Hunter or @neville any ideas on how to create metrics for publishable work in cannabis? Lots of variables to track like VPD in target for the whole grow? Did the temperatures match a predictable verance. What is the nutritional standard in the grow.

Lots of ideas.

From the voices in my head
Ethan

PS Tom you are good for my health. :upside_down_face::heart:

4 Likes

Could you put the plant on a scale, at the end of the grow you
compare the weight of the harvest to the weight of the plant?

Neville

3 Likes

I’m interested in how I can apply supplemental Led lighting to my double ended Gavita’s already in use, to fine tune the spectrum for maximum Terpenes, Resins and Trichomes?

2 Likes

I will admit getting a fair, honest comparison is very difficult. Setting bench marks IMHO would have to be done cultivar to cultivar. What I mean is TOTAL infomation of each one. In my thought process. This seems like a project that could be hundreds of years in the making. Meaning one person only growing one strain ever. This person could be considered a master for that cultivar. Through many many years of growing the same strain, you know whats what. Kinda why you see growers especially big commercial groups. Just growing the same stuff year in year out. Why? the answer is simple. They know what to expect from that flower. If you constantantly change what your growing. You consistantly have different results.
Measuring wieght during grow i feel might be flawed. Far too many things will throw that weight off. You are absolutly correct on this thought line. As we have discussed previously formulas like GPW X M2 is only part of it. Having a way to measure volume week by week through veg and flower is tough. ill think about it a little.

5 Likes

Tom,

I too a point see your argument. But, some type of benchmark are needed to allow growers to decide how they are performing.

Dry wieght has to play a key in comercal production. The plant can only make so much secondy compounds and dry wieght is the limiting factor. If I get over x milligrams of total secondary compounds per gram of plant, the plant dies. So in my mind dry wieght will play a role. Big fat plants will produce more secondary compounds than thin wispy plants.

The specialty growers can potentially afford to grow a veriety that is a low yield plant, but he is going to have to price it accordingly and they will need to understand the costs.

The breeders are just confusing to me. The best I can tell is that the good work done in the 1930’s is not being applied and no one seems to understand big data analysis in picking crosses.

I will pick up a paper next week on THC expression in cannabis. It was published in Genetic this month. They have a proposed DNA sequence. I want to try it against the open cannabis project matched sequence sets. But, it’s 100 gigs of ATCG strings of bases pairs for 640 cultivars. There are another 500 cultivars that have not matched set ordered.

The biggest thing looks to be proof that there are three expression of CBD only to CBD plus THC to THC only in the ratio of 1:2:1. I don’t know if that’s any help. A simple punnett square.

What are you looking for in breeding? I think I can value add you just have to ask.

From the voices in my head Ethan

2 Likes

Well, don’t know if I’m out in the weeds here, but as a grower I’m not really interested in total green mass. If we are growing for buds, that is the only important parameter. Efficient lighting should give you more mid to lower bud development…May I suggest that a true parameter would be bud weight (with the larger sample sizes giving the best data).Take two tents with the same variety but different lights, all other inputs remaining the same…say you put 8 plants in each tent…weigh the bud produced in each tent and I believe you would have a valid comparison…just my 2 cents!!

2 Likes

Robert,

I think you are close to the mark!

I want to control my light so I don’t waist any light.

If I grow in a greenhouse light is essentially free.

If I grow in a sealed room light has a cost and I want every photon to make me money.

So if I can control the light to the absorption spectrum of a cultivar, I should be able better control an environmental variable. This should mean more money in the pocket of the grower.

The questions are going to come down to greenhouse or grow room. Both, have real costs. Which let’s me grow the best crop for the least amount of money. Soiless or Hydroponic, who can diliver the most secondary compounds per gram per sqft week? My guess is a grow room with a modified hydroponic system will eventually win out.

This is why @GrowFlux has me so interested.

From the voices in my head Ethan

3 Likes

I totally agree with what you wrote. Id be very interested in hearing what your take away is from that paper. I must admit. Im not a book knowledge grower. I was taught from a young age “How” to grow. And through time have adapted to my own “way”. The big problem we have is. There is no standard to measure x cultivar. Having no measurable standard, coupled with everyones distinctly different styles. Leaves us open to huge differences in results. The work done way back im sure is super realvant today. As i have stated I havent taken botany,chemistry or any of those type classes. I have learned my Way through hands in dirt method. While not scientific, it is effective. Cannabis is pretty cool in the fact that you really only need to to a few things to be successful. Yet every grower has a phase of nothing going right. These times i feel the book knowledge would help.
As for the problem at hand its yet to be solvable due to the conditions above and more. So we have to settle on a acceptable metric. Im still at a loss for a answer due to fluidity in every unique grow aswell as strain.

1 Like

@growflux PARspec looks to be something really needed.

1 Like

I like the @GrowFlux products. Yet to try them. I think they are on the right path however.

1 Like