BEST LED Lights?

Honolulu Braddah. I’ll send you my addy in a PM.

What kind are they?

I was looking for new new led light to upgrade. Was looking the HLG 650R. Really nice.They looked really good.
Ended up getting the SF4000 by spider farmer through Growbuds. Plus they had a coupon code to get 5% off on top of it. Not as high on the wattage as the HLG. But looked decent enough for my grow space. Good parts on it. My only thing is I’ll be removing the drivers and moving them outside of the tent. Have some nice heat sinks I can mount them to. Keeping more of the heat outside of the grow space. Should be getting them in the next couple weeks.

4 Likes

Yeah I take that back. Decided not to buy this light. Something just kept bugging me about the unit. Ended up going with my first choice and now a proud owner of a Horticulture Lighting Group HLG 650R. Liked the specs for this unit. Was thinking about the HLG Scorpion Diablo 650w but decided against it. Can’t wait for it to show up.

7 Likes

i love mine! big change in buds. just watch for your plants hogging up cal mag with higher intensity lights

5 Likes

Ha! Damn plants already suck up the cal-mag. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.
Since I started I’ve been looking to step up my game improving on something with every next grow. I think I made a good choice going with this light.

4 Likes

I bought Kingbrite leds thru Alibaba. Cost per unit was $225 shipped. I run 3 per 4X4, IMHO good deal 960 watts for $675. I like having 3 drivers…if one has an issue, space doesn’t go dark.

My girls seem to like them…knockoffs of HLG 3 panel board.

8 Likes

I saw those on AliBaba the other day. How many grows do you have with them so far?

@wrosenk, is sending me my Christmas present. 4 new to me lights. With these, I will be able to complete my lighting design. So sweet.

1 Like

I’m new to the game, so about a year of 12/12 on the oldest 3, about 6 months of continuous 18/6 on 3 others. 6 more at 12/12. Learning the ropes of a perpetual grow…

1 Like

By the way, Welcome to GN!

1 Like

This question is just too vague! I wouldn’t know where to start. :joy:

3 Likes

Those are nice buds.

2 Likes

With the strong American dollar wouldn’t Migro Aray be the best deal, I mean the new lights are 25% cheaper and I think 50% more efficient?

2 Likes

https://www.fohse.com/the-aries-by-fohse/
What about this company.

1 Like

I never finished my tests of this light on my plants. Will be continuing soon.

2 Likes

Ill test it for ya! Lol

2 Likes

Ha made me smile

2 Likes

Its a good night. My HLG 650R came while I was at work. Nice thing to come home to.
My very first grow was with some very cheap leds. Burples. An other site I belong to they frowned on them. Don’t know why. My Bruce Banner grew awesome off them to me. I was hooked since then. Built two led light fixtures for eight QB132 V2 Quantum Boards. They work good. This makes my second grow with them. Plan on making changes to them after this grow.

4 Likes

you are going to be so happy. take a picture of the cool box it came in! i saved the box from mine it was so beautiful. you will be blown away when you see what that light does

3 Likes

@pptrsha1. Yeah I can’t wait to put in use. Nice thing is there was no damage to the outer box that it was packaged in. Which is a rare thing. The driver must be a grower and handled it extra special lol. The outer box still stated what it was. Right now its just sitting in the room. Work wore me out today. I might install it when I flip over to 12/12. Not sure yet.

3 Likes

Nice i love new necessaries!

3 Likes