Best lights for mothers and clones?

Hello everyone I know I’ve already asked a similar question and got some links (thanks)

But what are the best lights to get for mothers and clones please?

What type of lights and what Watt for each please?

I’ve never used LED lights are they better?

4 Likes

For both you want a high K light…5000 to 5500K (color of the light) but at the same time full spectrum.

I don’t run anything but LED. I have this one for clones/seedlings. They make a 2 footer just type in Durolux in the search line at Amazon. I use both the 4 and 2 footer and both are great lights.

HTH

6 Likes

@sssportsmfg they make this one also i tested it. And it’s really not bad for a cheaper led light.

5 Likes

@PreyBird1 I hadn’t seen that one…is that Durolux also? I know the ones I use work great. short stocky seedlings. Are they good for the whole grow?

Thanks for putting that up…I’ll check it out, maybe that is what I should have used for side lighting instead of the 5500 K I used last grow.

5 Likes

@sssportsmfg

I dont see it available.

4 Likes

Thanks fellas.

4 Likes

At Key to Life Supply, we suggest full spectrum with more blue light in veg for non flowering plants.

Several reasons ,1 is that we use more blue light in veg to help with a higher % of females and keep them stay that way.
In the Spring, the Sun is lower in the sky and opens up more blue light.

What I’m saying is HPS is not what we use in veg or lights with high red spectrum.
In flower heck yes more red spectrum regardless of the type of lights.

I’m using a 5K 100W LED from seed to veg and this light is waterproof I make a mess at times.
Kyle M

8 Likes

Thanks Kyle.

Wow they look so healthy can you give me advice on what nutrients to use from seed to mother, then from mother to clones please.

3 Likes

Sure @Marbsbuds welcome to Key to Life Supply.
Kyle M

3 Likes

It’s still there…it took me awhile to find it, you have to do a google search for the complete name and model and then it pops up a link to Amazon.

5 Likes

Been i while since i have even seen your grow @FarmerK looking fabulous as usual.

3 Likes

I use a HLG 135 Bspec for my mothers, clones, seed starting, vegging. Amazing versatile light that can dim from 30-170 watts with enhanced blue spectrum for awesome veg performance.

I run them in my clone and veg tents

8 Likes

Or yeah you know it. Busy working and hiding in the tall grass, right here with you guys.

Kyle M

3 Likes

Man those are sweet QB’s @hellraiser.
I have some budgetled qbs.

They used to sell boards

4 Likes

To answer your last question, LEDs are way better than HID. They’re a little more expensive but really worth it when you care about the final product. The one I recommend is the one I use, the iuminar iL5x 440W LED. It’s especially good for mothers and clones, it covers the whole growth cycle and has a wide spectrum as well. It has worked without any problems.

4 Likes

Thats a great review and thanks for your advice.

4 Likes

I use an 8 bulb4 foot T5 fixture loaded with Ushio HO 54 watt bulbs and 2 Hortilux Eye Power Veg bulbs. Cheap and works great

i think the last case of bulbs cost me around $40… The Hortiluxe are much more expensive but they give me the UV in veg that i want.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone

1 Like

Infrared diodes with a specific wavelength of 730 nanometres are the best. These LED elements are the majority and are responsible for the rapid development of the plants. At vont.com you can see different kinds. The diffuser is made of transparent polycarbonate with high light transmission, which saves up to 30% power. Seedlings and mature plants need sunlight. Under the influence of ultraviolet light, the physical and chemical process of photosynthesis takes place, aimed at the production of carbohydrates and the development of the plant

2 Likes