Best POS system

Don’t forget to check out https://www.proteus420.com one of the longest running POS systems in the industry and have NEVER had a data breach, how many other systems out there can say that?

3 Likes

MJ freeway is still buggy,constantly having to re-input stuff because it does not save your info due to lag and sometimes has a weird bug that makes all your counts 1 plant off. You cannot fix mistakes at all( if you mess up and try to fix it it looks as if you have twice as many plants in inventory), and there is no way to set up a visual layout.If you want anything extra modules you need to pay for it or hire someone to program them in( MJ freeway will keep the rights to any new addons,from what I was told). We have had nothing but trouble with this POS ( couple ways to use this acronym).That being said it is one of the better ones out there unfortunately. Our cust service guy has been pretty good at helping us. Our retail end has had too many problems with the plugins to transfer from grow to retail, so they opted to manually input everything into the older MJ POS. My advice is to use excel or what ever you used before to track before. Depending on your state and county law requirements .

3 Likes

DUH - www.proteus420.com

Prop 215
Prop 64
METRC compliant
Leaf Data Systems Compliant

in all 28 States and Canad,

10 years industry security - Demo us - no pressure :wink:

Dawne Morris
Passion Pusher

2 Likes

Herbal - you can always verify on the METRC list through their website, I can tell you our complaince team works very closely with Steve and Michelle at the Franwell offices of METRC.

We have a long list of fully satisfied and long term shops that use us and will give you reference! Give us a call, talk to one of our reps and i guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Dawne Morris
Passion Pusher
http://www.proteus420.com

2 Likes

Hi,

We have a software product that interfaces with METRIC and BIOTRAC, downloads inventory and reports sale in real time It’s very easy to use and the data stays on YOUR computer, not the cloud. It manages inventory, customers, deliveries and includes a timeclock function for your employees. Check it out at pos-cannabis.com or give me (Tom) a call at 303 289 7751 x101

2 Likes

@DispensaryOwners @DispensaryEmployees @EquipSuppliers
We are asking the dispensary and grower community for some assistance regarding the POS systems you use. Our digital wallet merchant account that is the newest technology that FinTech companies have provided to banks is based upon an Android open source OS (operating system). The digital wallet merchant account allows customers to pay with their Android or iPhone.

The problem we are encountering is that some of the seed to sale POS software that can connect with a card reader are unfortunately built on a Windows 8 or Windows 10 platforms.
A reach out to one of the more popular POS software providers today resulted in a disappointing response.
They only integrate with a Windows device!

The preferred card reader for our digital wallet merchant account is the PAX A920. This is a wireless card reader which enable the flexibility of sales people not to have to go to a register. Other devices besides the PAX A920 is a card reader via Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Best Buy, Walmart and so on https://www.android.com/tablets/

If you already own your own Android tablet you can use it as long as it is compatible with a card reader plugin as all transactions at a storefront are “card present”. Online sales with our system integrates with Magento, Shopify and WooCommerce.

Our technical resources tell us that a Android Emulator could solve this but once again this particular POS software vendor doesn’t seem to want to be of assistance.

We have a large potential client with multiple dispensary locations that unfortunately has this particular POS software. As they build out even more locations we’re looking for some input form the community for suggestions and perhaps some information from others that can give us some insight into this.

If we find the the cannabis community that uses these POS systems are “stuck” with Windows 8/10 operating systems across the board with no capability to interface with an Android wireless card reader we might explore working with the actual wallet developer on a Windows version, but since the present system is being used worldwide without any pushback, and we made the decision to expand the reach of digital wallets to merchants from the cannabis sector we are looking for some community guidance.

To be clear this does not effect the customer who can pay using their Android or iPhone. It only affects the interface of the wireless Android card reader into the dispensaries POS system.

Many thanks,
Steve Randall
Chief Commercial Officer
FIRST MERCHANT BANK CARD SERVICES

3 Likes

Great post Steve!

I think that @CBDMerch and @tom3 should jump in on this conversation.

Happy chatting and growing!

~Kareenabis~

2 Likes

@DispensaryOwners
Thank you Kareen. We’d like to narrow the conversation a bit to the area that will be the most helpful to us.
Our security consultants have just voiced in with a suggestion and a question.

The popular POS system that resulted in our reach-out to the community was based upon the fact that the POS system operates in a Windows environment unlike ours which does not.

Our totally mobile digital wallet operates as previously said in an Android environment. More importantly the digital wallet merchant account we offer operates in a “PCI-DSS Level 1 Certified Provider” environment, which means that it complies with the best security standards in electronic transactions and we use the most advanced technology to process and secure your information.

Having said that our security experts have said that to even consider interfacing with a Windows environment is in their opionion going to potentially compromise both the customer and the dispensary merchant because they advise us that no one in the payment industry or banking would ever build anything concerning payments on Windows. It’s too simple to hack into.

So this is the question for the dispensary community… What kind of information are you required in the the state where you hold your license do you need to capture and report? We have no idea ourselves but we now feel that even interfacing into any Windows POS system for payment processing is not going to pass our requirements of a secure environment. In fact if an existing merchant does have a merchant account that presently connects in a Windows environment we would urge them to bring in a security consultant.

We therefore feel that perhaps all we need to do is to provide a dispensary with a digital wallet merchant account on a standalone portable device like the Android tablet we prefer (PAX A920) with a built in shopping cart as if the transaction was an online transaction to capture inventory changes. It might require a second step but if your customer’s privacy is breached because of hacking into a POS system this news would travel quickly.

Please help us understand what dispensary operators need to have to report to their regulators.

Many thanks,
Steve Randall
Chief Commercial Officer
FIRST MERCHANT BANK CARD SERVICES

2 Likes

Late to the party here, but another great option to consider for POS software built specifically for the cannabis industry is LeafOps.

Currently LeafOps DEEPLY integrates with Metrc and LEAF (WA) to offer real-time reporting of sales, syncing of transfers, and more. At its core is a rock solid scalable and secure infrastructure designed for reliability. Every customer lives on their own database and servers, auto-scaled as needed for uptime reliability and 4/20 spikes.

On top of that, you have a feature-rich and easy-to-use application built specifically for cannabis retail.

Reach out for a hassle-free demo and see why it’s the best way to run your dispensary.

https://leafops.com

3 Likes

Could you please send me

Some more information on your pos system I am looking for one

Tku. Basil

3 Likes

I feel your pain when it comes to Mj freeway! It’s an annoyance at times. Eventually one of these softwares will get it right… right?

2 Likes

Dear Basil,

We do not provide POS systems. We provide credit card merchant accounts and bank accounts for the cannabis industry.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: @Kareen (please reply via message)

Hey Basil,

It’s Kareen, your Success Coach here.

If you are looking for more information on POS systems, I think you should private message and speak with Todd @CBDMerch

He has expert information on merchant payment processing systems and would be interested in connecting with you.

Happy chatting and growing!

~Kareenabis~
Success Coach

2 Likes

@MJ_Freeway we have Kevin Jones from their team to discuss where they are at.

1 Like

@MJ_Freeway Hi Kevin, id love to talk to you more about your product, what can I do?

2 Likes

I’d like to know how our @memberdirectory is feeling about POS systems as of 2019? How did 2018 shape up? Are there now better track and trace software platforms what people are loving…or are you in a toxic relationship with your POS system? Let’s chat POS.

3 Likes

There are a good number of strong POS players on the market these days. Having been to BizCon this past November, I was largely impressed by a select few. I think the most apparent option out there, at the dispensary-level, was Cova.

Cova seemed to have all of the bells and whistles as everyone else plus the option to integrate seamlessly with a number of other systems/softwares on the market.

At the cultivation-level for track-and-trace PLUS, Supergrower has been making some great strides in making an impact this year. Mostly due to my own lack of involvement here over the past few weeks, but I haven’t heard much from this community. Hopefully, that’ll change this year.

2 Likes

We have just paid and are currently changing from treez to Cova. I’ll let you know as we get going how it is. Treez major selling point has never worked and that was offline sales as we have quite a few outages with this older non fiber Comcast internet we have. Comcast just introduced a automatic backup hotspot service assuming because of the crappy overall service so it kinda mitigates a fraction of the treez offline service.

3 Likes

We are biased, but we like ours! I’ll leave it at that, and we will be doing an AMA soon if anyone is interested to learn more!

3 Likes