Best True 1000 Watt Led Lights?

Yup. ‘Bout right :+1:t2:

$1.00 per Watt/1 GPW = Ideal scenario

7 Likes

Yeah you are right about that, the Meanwell drivers and dimmer components are already built in. The Storm controller is reasonable with all it’s functions at $60. I wouldn’t have gotten the controller except they put photo red and far red both on the Emerson board so if you don’t get the controller to turn off the photo red you can’t run it the 10 to 15 minutes after lights out with only the far red to achieve the Emerson effect. The UVA board I’m not sure about how to best run it. Any suggestions? I am thinking a hour in the morning and another hour mid day and stay away from right before lights out? flower only of course.

8 Likes

Thanks! I bookmarked it.

8 Likes

The guy on the phone at rapid led told me they 6 hrs on max but each strain is different and id need to monitor the plants daily.

7 Likes

My boards have 12 uva leds. 4 in each board. Im going to increase it. I have 4 more pucks.

7 Likes

I only run UV the last two weeks of bloom - full 12 hours.

GET UV GLASSES!!!

Can’t stress this enough… do not go into your room or tent without them :+1:t2:

8 Likes

Do you use the RapidLED Exotic set? That is the 390nm UV I use. I also use 420nm and for shits and giggles, run UVA and UVB Eye PowerVeg T5’s.

… I play with light recipes :smiley:

8 Likes

Yes I have the Rapid UVA Exotic board, I originally got the “set” one Exotic and one Emerson. Then I just added another Emerson for more red all day during flower. I’m waiting on the controller and the other Emerson board right now, it’s on the way via FedEx as we speak. I did get the heat sinks too. I plan on tying them together with some aluminum structural I already have and mount the power supplies and the controller on that too. And yes I have grow room UV glasses. My main board also has IR in a small amount.

Gotta run got a doctors appointment.

9 Likes

Does the UV increase the trikes and resin? That’s what I was hoping for.

9 Likes

No there part of my boards. But i got 4 pucks to add.

7 Likes

It does. That’s the plants natural defense… kinda like sunscreen for weed :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Any warrantys on the parts you guys use to build?

6 Likes

The Bridgelux Vero SE COB’s are 10 year. Not sure about the Meanwell power supply. I have a supply going out. Been almost 3 years

7 Likes

Thinking about building my own Led has to be one of the biggest rabbit holes I’ve stumbled upon latley, there’s so much info! Thank you to all the replies and ideas! I’m still not %100 sure which way I’m going to go but I’m learning alot from this thread and am starting to lean away from the ChilLed light. It seems I may be able to build a similarly efficient light for a bit cheaper and some of the parts even have a longer warranty?

7 Likes

The new Chilled Logic pucks running RSPEC are nice! I have a 300W rig. They use Top BIN Samsung diodes on the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) along with Osram reds :+1:t2:

I prefer my Bridgelux rigs only because the COB’s are 90CRI and 3000k. I don’t supplement far red/photo red usually with them. Saves on electricity :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Iluminar’s il9x - 1000W by far. Ive been using it for a long time and havent had any problems with it

9 Likes

Welcome Juan!

5 Likes

Mr showoff over here lol. I run the iL5x from them and it works amazing with only 300 W, cant imagine what 1000W can do haha blows my mind. But good products from them. Also, welcome!!

5 Likes

Those are way to expensive. Foshe is still cheaper and better. All thats got is the “1000 watts” the luxx xr 860’s are cheaper by $600 and work so well i have to run them around %70 power. At 100% power its almost too intense. You have to wear LED glasses to even go in the tent! They also have a light controller that has sunrise and s7nset features.

5 Likes

I have an HLG 550 V2 Rspec, a Timber 2VL, a Mars Hydro FC 3000 and a Mars Hydro FC 8000.

Used the HLG for about 6 grows, FC3000 combined with a Timber 2 VL for maybe 4 grows. And the Mars Hydro FC 8000 since last January 2021.

I grow autoflower in a 5 x 5 and the FC8000 bar light has a great spread and spectrum:

5 Likes