Best True 1000 Watt Led Lights?

What do you guys think are the best true 1000 Watt LED fixtures out right now? I’ve been looking at the ChilLed Growcraft X6 – 1000W LED from chilledgrowlights.com claiming 2.58 µmole/J system efficiency with a 3 year warranty, and the XT 1000W CO2 Pro LED from photontek-lighting.com claiming 2.9 µmole/J system efficiency with a 5 year warranty. The Fohse F1V 1000W from fohse.com claiming between 2.8 and 3 µmole/J system efficieny and not much information on warranty’s. Are there any others that I’m missing?

4 Likes

Hi @treetrunks

I am looking on Growershouse and cant find 1000watt LED’s. But they have all the top brands, with detailed descriptions and warranty information.

5 Likes

@PreyBird1 How’s your Fohse treating you? Would you recommend their 1000w for a larger footprint?

5 Likes

You need to go look on Amazon, there are a bunch of them out there now with the same number of led’s same drivers same chips and for less than 1/3 the price.

I was just looking today and they are all going to the same basic designs, I saw several with 1700 LED’s on them foldable, great spectrums drawing around 450 watts actual. Samsung/ meanwell drivers aluminum heat sinks no fans 5x5 footprint. One was less than $450.

6 Likes

Thank you, I’m having a hard time finding anything with a true 1000 watt power draw. I have a bit of an odd sized flowering room and I’m hoping to add CO2 to it in the near future. I need something with closer to 1500ppfd avg over a 5x5 or larger area.

5 Likes

I love my Foshe aries. It rediculously bright.
Here is at 56% brightness.

This is in a 10’ x 10’ tent. Its designed for a 4x4. What size flower footprint? It doesn’t have be 1000watt.

7 Likes

Roughly 5x7 for flower

6 Likes

I grew this with a 480 watts light.

8 Likes

I’m running a little over 1200 watts floro (not my first choice) for 4x4 and no CO2 at the moment, what size canopy did that light cover?

8 Likes

Here are 6 clones in 3 gallon pots grown under 860 watts.

8 Likes

A 4x4 and i could still bleach buds.

8 Likes

Do you run CO2?

7 Likes

Nope i havent had to. This is my 2nd favorite light. Its my own custom design.

I love the damn light.

11 Likes

The best LED light is the one you build yourself using top BIN diodes and Meanwell drivers. It is also less expensive to build your own

Bridgelux, Samsung, Osram, and Cree all make high end PCB/COB’s

RapidLED and Digi-Key are my go-to vendors. Arrow is also good.

I also would recommend California Light Works if you don’t want to build a light. Gavita is good as well :v:t2:

8 Likes

I wanna build something that compares exactly to my hps with led energy consumption. lol.

6 Likes

Budget LED Is out of business. Domain is up for sale.

7 Likes

They changed the name to…

was an old link sorry

7 Likes

Posidon you keep saying cheaper to build? I just bought a controller, 2 power supplies two splitters, 4 jumpers and three supplemental boards from Rapid LED. Would have to add it up but it’s more than I spent on my main light that runs 400 watts and has over 1200 LED’s on it. Each supplemental board only has 12 LED’s on them.

Looked at everything and couldn’t figure out how to get it any less expensive. I got two Emerson effect boards, one UVA Exotic, the storm controller and jumpers and the power supplies to run them. What am I doing wrong?

9 Likes

Cheaper to build a comparable light. The savings are around 20-30% depending on the market. I was looking at Timber Grow Lights a few years back. I liked their setup but wanted to save a little so I got the spec sheet for their Redwood series of lights, sourced the components, and built it myself. Saved money but it was still an $800 rig…

RapidLED exotic and far red/photo red are kick ass but also a little pricey. Those are more of a DIY kit than component level build.

I built my 420nm Violet Actinic using the SemiLED diodes, their heat sink, 100W power supply, jumpers, etc. and it was only a few hundred. You could throw far red initiator pucks in the mix with the SemiLED’s and make a killer supplement light (all-in-one).

You can also buy all of the components from Digi-Key or Arrow, buy the sinks from RapidLED, etc.

You are not doing anything wrong. High quality lights with the highest quality diodes is not going to be super cheap

8 Likes

Yeah my custom light cost me about $1 a watt. I spent about $850 building it.

8 Likes