Best way to get a job in the industry?

I am super interested in getting into this industry but seem to be coming up short with the jobs I have applied for. any advice or job offers are greatly appreciated. Have a degree in Business with work experience in Golf Course management, Pool & Spa operation, civil design and tomato green houses. I am just looking for the right opportunity as an assistant grower to become a master grower. There is not much I can’t learn. Willing and wanting to relocate. If anyone has advice as to get started in the industry please let me know.

2 Likes

Have you tried @Vangst? Their site https://vangsters.com/ has a place where you can upload your resume and apply for jobs.

2 Likes

Network, network, network! For each job listing, there could be hundreds of applicants. How will you stick out? Network! Not only here, but there are in-person networking events and trade shows everywhere.

If you’re in AZ, send me your resume. I work with a ton of local cannabis companies who need employees.

5 Likes

sell yourself short, accept starvation wages , and be willing to surround yourself with money grubbing incompetent management.

Thats the easiest way ive seen.

Oh yeah if you cant be dumb at least play dumb.

1 Like

Also, check Indeed.com. They have a lot of cannabis jobs.

2 Likes

Here’s some more that I met at MJBizCon:

3 Likes

One more:

4 Likes

You know here is my take on this. MJ culture used to be exclusive. invite only. now a days people just try to buy in. No one has to go through the old ways. its all about how much cash you have. Thats why i love seeing all these Old growers, and new growers. I never took the payoff to sell my secrets. nor did i buy into this market. i was born into it. Im not hating just stating my view.

2 Likes

:rofl: I’ve been doing all that!!!

Except the playing dumb part! It’s soooo hard! I did have the realization though…

1 Like

I feel you bro! Not selling out, doing it for the love and healing! Nor Cal is blowing up and I’m not leaving! Make it or break it!
@MK3_Pharms I’m loving this site…took me a while but seems like there are a ton of good folks.

2 Likes