Beta Testers Needed for Grow Database Application - Limited Participation

Limited Participation Opportunity!

We are developing a database to organize multi grow operations and currently at early beta testing stage. This is where we need a variety of growers of differing sizes to give feedback on features, needs, wants and future requests. We intend it to be tested with 4 – 6 growers with a sampling of small, medium and large size operations. Now it’s possible your running a larger operation, or smaller more dynamic grow and have your own software that works for you … I know that either way you may welcome the opportunity to help work out the kinks and assist in developing a system to keep a multi stage, multi strain grow in constant organization.

The database we have in development is user configurable and monitors grows from germination and seedling all the way to drying and curing. This product handles timing each individual strain whether Indica, hybrid or sativa with variations in each category. Timing for each plant or batch will include reminders for training, pruning, nutrients change and discontinuation, light changes, photo comparisons for harvest readiness (if needed) and much, much more.

What we need are individual growers that will be willing to give a real world run, feedback, critic, additional needs and suggestions. The database is off line, private only to the company (an online version will be offered after finished product rollout) and is for the testers to keep and to continue, if they wish, with no operational interruption. All that is required is the input to bring the product into mainstream development.

Let me know if your company may be interested and if so please don’t hesitate to contacting me. Until then, Continue to do great things for the industry and i look forward to talking more in the near future!

Thanks in advance,

Dan Breakey

skurfer@msn.com

Note: Please send the following information to skurfer@msn.com is you are interested and we will contact you with sample video, instructions in downloading and testing of the product.

Company / Individual Name:

City & State of Main Office :

(Not necessarily grow location)

Grow Size or Number of Strains in Rotation - Average:

E-mail or Best Contact:

2 Likes

What type of database are you using here SQL, Python, Java, etc.

Is this a Microsoft Windows thing or does it work with Linux, Unix, BSD, or is it a browser orientated.

2 Likes

What access to the database do your customers get: direct connection to the db, raw data exports, or just through a BI Analytics app?

2 Likes

Hi All,
The prototype is being built in Microsoft Access. It’s a desktop database for the Windows Operating System. It’s available when you buy Microsoft Office or as a stand alone database. We’ll move to online version once the prototype has most of the logic needed for growing, and the navigation layout is set, etc.

2 Likes

Ok thank you, I haven’t used a Mircosoft product at work or at home since 1997

Sounds nice though, now retired, disabled

2 Likes

Piper, GTK.

We have two strong testers for the grower database but still would like to have at least two others to round out the pool. We have a very small grower that is perfect to test out the reminder system for stage and nutrient change. On the other end of the spectrum we have a very large grower that is going to challenge the system in keeping multiple strain and multiple stage coordination in check! We can use a few more testers to help design a robust system that we believe will make the day to day tasks much easier to manage. I am attaching a few screen shots from my application (if it allows me to upload) … remember that it is customizable for your preferences and so the screen shots show MY PREFERENCES and don’t reflect your individual program … make it what YOU want!!

Editing%20Screen|658x500

1 Like