Beware of divine seeds breeders!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my terrible experience with Divine Seeds seed bank. I am so upset and mad and angry at the same time, just want everyone to know that they are a total scam and to never buy seeds from them!!

A quick prehistory: I bought Black Opium auto seeds from their distributor first and grew amazing plants. Harvested one pound from 5 plants. Was very happy with the result and decided to buy the same strain directly from the seed bank next time. And so I did…

Long story short the seeds that I got from “divine seeds” are not Black Opium!!! They totally f*cked me up.

1. Black Opium strain turns purple almost black when blooms ( as I said I grew before it and got amazing results). You can see the buds turning purple on week 2-3 of bloom. Whatever I got right now is not purple at all ( I am on week 4 of bloom).
  2. All plants are suuuper different from each other (I attach the photo where you can see the difference). You will see that they are totally different strains. And not even one plant is black opium. Some look like sativa, others like indica. They smell different, leaves are different, color is different. I planted all seeds the same day and right now some of them look like they are in the middle of bloom, others are just starting to bloom. This is crazy!!

A week ago after I was 100% that I got the wrong stuff, I texted the company rep about my issue. He of course told me that they sent me the right strain, etc. I texted them again few days ago sending videos and photos of plants, and asked for explanation, refund, anything… didn’t get any response of course…

I am honestly so shocked guys, I can’t even explain… I would have never expected them to scam clients like this. They clearly just collected the seeds of all strains that they could not sell on time, packed them together, named black Opium and sold to a new customer. And they are a well known seed bank!!! I still can’t believe that.

I know that I can’t harm their reputation much, but I hope I can at least help someone like me to avoid being f*cked up by this company.

I remember seeing a post here promoting this seed bank, saying they are looking for distributors on US market.
Guys, DON’T BUY FROM THEM!!!

3 Likes

How consistent were the phenos in the first pack?

1 Like

85% looked identical, 10% were a little lighter and around 5% didn’t turn purple.

1 Like

Here is week 3-4 of bloom from the first batch.

4 Likes

Same setup as last time to?

1 Like

Same setup, same feeding schedule.

2 Likes

Wow that’s pretty crazy, it’s definitely not a good look for them. The first pack sounds pretty stable but the second sounds like unstable genetics at best. Makes me wonder what happened between the first batch and second batch on their end breeding wise. I hope your able to work something out with them

2 Likes

Unstable indeed! Not even one turned purple…
Yeah, I hope so too. For now they are ignoring my texts.

3 Likes

Then we will hope that there good smoke, who knows one might turn out to be a super strong pheno. Bonus points for your case if one comes out hemp lol

4 Likes

Hi @style.d , thanks for sharing your report and sorry to hear about your experience. I think give them a little chance to get back to you, its a long easter weekend and alot of people have plans with family, friends. I am not saying you are wrong, just saying have a little patience with feedback from them. BTW your plants are looking happy and healthy, nice growing anyway. Second look at your latest plants, there are white spots on them, maybe PM?

5 Likes

Divine Seeds are a fantastic Company that has come along way. Some of their genetics, yes are unstable but you will find that with many companies as they introduce new lines. Buying seeds are a gamble I will admit but not just Divine! As for your customer service, I cannot speak for as I’m not the one who sold them too you. Did you purchase these seeds from a reputable dealer, there was some fake product going around. Hopefully you did not receive these from a shady dealer.

6 Likes

You can vent about the problems here. We totally understand. Pheno hunting is a very important factor when it comes to this business. Just as with any seed, you never get the same thing twice. Genetics are based on the chaos factor! Lol random spits of genes.

This is why we depend on each other for insight.

This is the reason for cloning. If you find a ladie you like, don’t flower her. Just keep cloning and get 10 to 20 ladies each round.

Remember this is a professional growing site. These are folks businesses. How they feed their families. I know you’ll get taken care of right. They will get back to you after the holidays I bet.

4 Likes

I bought them directly from Divine Seeds. Found the phone number of their rep on www.divineseeds.net and texted him in Whatsapp. Unless the website is fake, of course…

Also, even with the unstable genetics you would expect at least one plant out of 200 that I have to turn purple…as you can see from my pictures, they are all green…just food for thoughts.

2 Likes

Thank you for recommendation. Re finding a lady and cloning it I’m already on it. Just wanted to give this breeder another shot, since the first batch was fantastic, and I heard a lot about this company.
Anyways I will keep you posted on how my current plants are doing.

2 Likes

Thank you, yes, it was PM and I already took care of it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really sorry about your experience, I’m sure it will all work out. As all growers will tell you, your going to find something from someone once in a while your not happy with but doesn’t mean the company is ripping people off. They are truly good people to deal with and at times may seem like they don’t care but are working very hard with vary few on a big project and in time this will get better as they find faster ways to ship internationally…

3 Likes

definitely not the same genetics. It has happened to alot of us old time growers but today with the seed market being what it is this is a huge black mark on this company. Thanks for the heads up

3 Likes

Are those seeds the black opium autos from divine seeds? I’m aware that F1s ect will have very high variability between phenos. From divines site and strain description of auto black opium “After numerous selection cycles, the result was stabilized and presented as Auto Black Opium”.

1 Like

Yes, Black Opium Auto bought directly from Divine Seeds. The definitely need more selection cycles…

2 Likes

I disagree, reputable folks aren’t just slinging pollen. New lines or not. Legit breeders have time into their work to ensure stuff like this doesn’t happen. I’ve personally never heard of the bank and I’ve been in the industry 20 years… by the way- the whatsapp phone is a dead giveaway for scammers who don’t want tracked!