Bigger, denser buds! How?

Your in the right place then lol!!

7 Likes

Deffo those lights. Cannabis generally maximizes at around 1500 PAR you won’t be anywhere near that with those lights in that space. I have a similar one at 75w in a 16”x16”x4ft tent with four small plants packed in, but this is just for veg. For flower :cherry_blossom: I use a platinum p300 in a 2.5x2x4ft 11” centrally at 12-18” this is hitting over 1500 PAR.

Basically you need tons more intense light :bulb:

1 Like

Which lights are these? I don’t think you gave us a link for them.

~MacG

3 Likes

Are you running a carbon filter in your tent , is it sealed or do you have negative pressure coming in from the two bottom flaps ?

2 Likes

You don’t want a link. :slight_smile:

My first grow light was a “1500W” King Plus LED. True draw is 260W on them (according to my smart plug monitor). I own two of them and they have been sitting on a shelf in my basement for over a year now.

4 Likes

Yeah, adding that one prism light to the two King 1500s will get him real close to having enough, and these lights can be run pretty close to the canopy.

~MacG

3 Likes

Maybe get coco and just use their coco range this is my preferred setup. Coco is basically half way house to full hydroponics. Here is a bud grown with a platinum led I can prolly get these denser also with better defoliation and lollypopping. This run I’ve added a couple more of AN’s line. I think I have them all now.

6 Likes

That would be ppfd average.

The AP P300 is a 180 watt light. The third party test reports show their flagship light running at about 1.2 umol/joule. Converting to total output using ppf/watt/second, the total flux on that light would be around 216 umols per second. You can find ppfd average by calculating total flux over area in square meters. 2’x2.5"=.4645 m². Your ppfd average there should be around 465 umols per second.

The breakdown on recommended daily light integral looks like this. Recommended on flowering schedule for ambient co2 +/- 600 umols/s, point of diminishing returns on ambient co2 +/- 800 umols/s. Light saturation on ambient co2 +/- 1000 umols/s, and light saturation at 1500ppm co2 +/- 1500 umols/s. The big kicker here is that those are again ppfd average. So not what you get directly under the fixture when you run it really low. The sensor would have to read 1500 umols/s or more at every point you measured. At 12" in a space that size the corners are likely reading around 100 umols/s or so.

You certainly have enough light to grow nice nugs in your space, as your pics support. I just wanted to explain where those maximum light numbers come from.

8 Likes

Lot of info here on their site it shows ppfd at various heights it tends to bleach the tops of its too low, so I presume it’s intense enough directly below?
I read coral reefs white bleaching is caused by a similar thing?

https://platinumgrowlights.com/our-lights/#pseries

3 Likes

All of the information I posted above was to help you understand that the reading directly below the fixture or any fixture like it is useless when trying to determine how much light energy your space requires.

He claims in video that there is a par map for fixture on their website, but I couldn’t find one. That would tell the whole story. As far as bleaching goes, you can light bleach a plant with an incandescent bulb if you wanted to. They don’t grow well at all.

3 Likes

The quality and size of buds you produce are all related to your lighting. The better quality, stronger wattage you can put over your plants, the more your plants will produce on the back end. Remember, we’re attempting to mimic the sun with an indoor grow…totally impossible I know, but you can’t have too much good stong light in your grow setup. The more you give the plant, the more the plant gives you. Best wishes.

TWW

3 Likes

Iv followed @dbrn32 beliefs in lighting. Iv been working with sealed rooms for about 2 years now. I do use 1500 ppm of CO2 with monitors. I also can handl more lighting because of CO2.
We are currently running 3-1500 watt HPS, 26–T12 Florescence 4’ tubes. This is just what we get.

Good luck Farmers

9 Likes

Those are some great looking specimens!

7 Likes

Thx Brah. How’s life treating you RonBot ?

5 Likes

Busy, like real busy!

6 Likes

Great buds ,those autos?

5 Likes

Thx, no no no no Auto’s.

3 Likes

:joy::sweat_smile::joy::+1::v:
Lol…

2 Likes

Wow! Real nice :drooling_face:

4 Likes

I’d like to thank everybody that chipped in this topic. You people are great. Now I have a much better idea on where to go from here.

7 Likes