Black magic

How many seeds… I know people paying $2000 for 9 or 10 and they are stupid crosses or from a persons vault… 1200 (5 regs) for a Willy cross strain when I asked about one… damn I can make it later for $10 might take me a year or 2 but it can be done…lol… I am taking a male willy’s when I get one and making a wet dream (one of the main phenomes that come out of cement shoes strain) by crossing it with a Blue dream mother…

3 Likes

One of the sweetest predators I have ever met. When I watered the plants in the mornings, he used to to hang on my finger and then i would put him back. Possibly one of the best experiences I have had in nature. I called him the Trippy Weed Mantis. The late mate of mine who filmed it was also amazed at the interaction of the mantis, and the music is also from a late mate of mine too. Two good people gone too soon.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss friend. They both did fabulous work on that video

2 Likes

Mantises freak the shit out of me I remember them as a kid sticking to my hands and shit. No thank you! But they are cool to look at especially the one that you have

3 Likes

Actually, the Black Magic Kush is a cross breed hybrid of Buckeye Purple and Cherry Sauce bred by Andromeda Strains! Which is NOT the same as the African Black Magic cannabis landrace strain!
The REAL African Black Magic cannabis is actually black in color! It was described by the legendary breeder of the original Blueberry, DJ Short, in an article and said that it was the MOST potent strain that he’s ever tried BUT never got seeds of it!
I bought some seeds online from Marijuana Seed Connect that advertised Black Magic African seeds. It turns out that they are almost positively the Black Magic Kush by Andromeda Strains.
So I have 2 growing in my greenhouse. I’m not sure about sex YET as they’re only about a month old. We will see…
Characteristics that are unique to the African Black Magic cannabis landrace strain is that it’s EXTREMELY potent! It contains high levels of THCV and gives it a psychedelic effects! Legends and stories tell of a pinner joint between 3-4 people and being extremely high for many hours!
It is so potent that it’s NOT for beginners!
So serendipitously, I ran across a guy in Durban, South Africa who hunts African landrace strains.
He is familiar with the African Black Magic and has seeds in the making. It will be a couple of months, but I should, hopefully be able to get some!
My friend from Durban describes some details of the African Black Magic such as the plant itself is black and the seeds are pitch black. 2 different varieties probably exist. A Sativa dominant strain in Ghana and an Indica dominant strain in the Congo.
He said that he smoked a bong bowl and was high for 15 hours. :astonished: He said that he was TRYING to talk business with the farmers and couldn’t even hear them as he watched the sunset. LOL!
Apparently, according to my friend, it’s like smoking dab for the first time… times 5! “No joke bro!!!” He said.
So hopefully I can acquire the original genetics and preserve the original strains for future generations! Seeing as how it is one of the rarest and sought after strains in the world, it’s EXTREMELY important to rescue the Black Magic African before it becomes extinct like the strains of yesteryear!
IF and when I finally get the African Black Magic cannabis landrace seeds; there’s not going to be any of this INSANELY over priced B.S.!!! Screw that greed monster! Ridiculous!!! It’s just a plant and it only gets so good…

4 Likes

Pic #1 Is African Black Magic cannabis landrace strain in Ghana.
Pic #2 Is my friend’s plant that’s slightly cross pollenated but was a close as he could get for now… He’s working on acquiring more African Black Magic seeds.

6 Likes

Lets revive an old topic, discussion and debate with some gents on the ground. This video premieres in 2 days time and worth the watch. I last had these two gents in my house together about 2 years ago and I know Christo has been back to the Congo while both have been compiling this video. This was also the video footage where Franco Loja sadly got taken from this earth where he was taken down with Malaria.

Trailor

4 Likes

Just received a an email from Christo, ChristointheCongo, this gives us a little more detail and thought I would share with our community. So not exactly about the Black Magic, but certainly give us more details about this remote land in the centre of Africa. Looking forward to seeing this video. Christo is/was a consultant for Greenhouse Seeds and has spent alot of time in the Kongo personally and for business. Mail below…

Happily and proudly are we, SimonStrainhunter & ChristoKongo, announcing the coming-soon release of our documentary
‘The search for Congo’s ancient Cannabis: The Lost Tale.’

This is a project that we have been working on for the past two years. It tells the only true story of our 2016 exploration mission in DRC, looking for the renowned Congo Landrace.

On 11/11/’23 we bring out never-before-released footage that will take the viewer on an epic journey deep into the Congo land, where we learn more about African cannabis history and the important role that Congo has played in the movement of the plant throughout the continent.

We will see today’s consequences of colonial prohibition laws, and let Congolese people speak who are calling for the decriminalization of the plant. For countless generations cannabis has been part of Congolese culture and still is the main source of income for many communities.

The documentary is a trilogy, with episode 1 and 2 being released on the same day, on Youtube and Vimeo respectively. Episode 3 is in the making. It’s an independent, non-profit project, solely and passionately carried by ourselves, motivated by personal conviction.

We created an exclusive preview for you to watch via following private youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsqVcWKrLi4

And you can also have a look at our trailer that we released in July. https://youtu.be/xPPrVzr0tw4?si=_xL81BLbIYQSLVsI

We hope that it triggers your enthusiasm to help us spread the word via Cannabispromoter in the form of an article, an interview, a social media post, or whatever is possible. We can send you a selection of pictures to make it look nice.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it.

Kind Regards, One Love

4 Likes