BlackFri Grow gear deals?

For starters Arizona finally went legal for rec. so I am so excited to start cultivating my own cannabis. on that note a brand new grow room and or tent is in order. Will be needing some supplies for sure and with so much to buy i definitely am trying to get the most bang for my buck. so with that said I was wondering if any one knew of any good deals out there so far? I myself have been eyeballing ledgrowlightsdepot.com quite a few good deals that im all sorts of torn by right now. anything else would be greatly appreciate and maybe not just by me.

Hope every one is having a damn good day!

-Ryan

1 Like

Depending on your price point you can go straight to HLG lighting use code word dude get ten percent off. Best LED out there IMO. For serious home growing. Peace

6 Likes

Yeah I’m super torn right now between the HLG 600 V2 RSpec and the Grower’s Choice ROI-E680. I would need two of them and there is only a $100 difference between total cost between the two of them. I’m also kind of curious about the new timber grow lights cypress models. so many choices out there. Thanks for your imput @automatik

1 Like

I run the 650R and it is a beast. I also run CMH315,s in a couple tents.

2 Likes

is there a noticeable difference in yield between the LED and CMH lights? Do you have a preference between the two? Here in AZ the electric bills are killer especially during the summer I guess thats why I’ve leaned towards LED due to heat issues and the potential energy savings but i am learning and taking in all the info I can.

1 Like

What is the difference between that and the Spider Farmer 4000? Other than being a couple of hundred dollars more expensive? The spectrum and design look the same, and same Samsung LED’s. The Spider Farmer though has two drivers versus one on the HLG.

2 Likes

I read comparisons on several side by side grows CMH v LED, and from what I’ve read the LED’s produce more yield. I’ve been running LED’s for years, before they were popular, before that I ran a Phillips CHM that was a horizontal single end, and 4200K. It was developed for display cases as natural light, and it was an awesome grow light from veg to finish same bulb. They quit making the horizontal bulb and only the vertical was available. Haven’t followed that for a long time now.

1 Like

LEDs produce more yield only if you are using high end leds. There is no comparison between spider farmer and HLG. My CMH315 are fine especially for veg. But I flower strictly under the 650r now. There is no words to explain how much better duds I have now.

4 Likes

Honestly I was very interested in the SF4k because it seems to be amazing bang for the buck. Do you use SF lights? I have messaged SF and a few of the other companies whose lights i was interested to see about their customer service and getting back in a timely manor and I received a few responses from those others. Timber grow lights company got back to me within minutes and their live chat answered all my questions. I haven’t heard from SF and its been a couple days. I guess i just like that fact when you invest in a product the company will back it up and is there for the customer. I just want to feel confident in a purchase. It is definitely still an option on the table for me as it would allow me to spend more on all the other items I will need to purchase. I would appreciate any info/experience you have with SF.

1 Like

Hi Ryan,

Great to hear you’re growing legally for the first time.

Unsure on the HID/ LED front debate, but CenturionPro is running a Red+Black Friday promotion on its harvesting solutions.

Happy growing!

A bit overkill for me as a home grower… but hey maybe someone else will benefit from this! :wink:

2 Likes

California Lightworks is having a 20% off sale on everything fir Black Friday. I’m seriously considering getting a Solar System 1100 UVB w/controller. You can make/set your own color spectrums even!!!

2 Likes

Oh, Growace is having some good deals on lights as well as a bunch of other stuff, and so is Growbuds, Trimleaf, and Growers House.

2 Likes

yeah that lights look amazing from CALightworks but damn… 1700+ maybe one day down the road. thanks for all the info I will be checking out all of those places.

1 Like

Hi bro,
The thing is, it really isn’t. I’ve been growing going on 30 years now and one thing I can definitively tell you is that the quality of your lights has a direct relation to the potential quality and quantity of buds. Plus, depending on the size of your grow space you might not need their biggest and most powerful light. I’m only looking at that size because I have a perpetual grow with 5 various size tents with my flowering tent being 5x10 (I don’t usually fill it to capacity for myself but I like to have extra space to move around and for equipment) but I’d need 2 of the Cali 1100’s for my flowering room alone. If your rooms smaller than that you’d only need one, or you may only need a smaller one like a 550, and they do have a less expensive line, the solar extreme, I believe, that’s more focused on home Growers’s and only about 1/2 the price.
Tge thing you want to do is research growlights and how they work so you know what all the various specs mean when you compare them as well as looking at the brands of components they company uses and make sure they’re a quality brand. My biggest recommendation would be to buy the best light you can afford as it’ll pay for itself before you know it.
Good luck brother

1 Like

I guess a quick breakdown of my situation would help… 207 passed allowing us Arizonians to have up to 12 plants with two or more people over the age of 21 living in the house. So I’m planning on turning a 12x12ft space in my garage into a grow room. I plan to do everything in that room so I can keep a space dedicated to growing(girlfriend hated when I had a 4x8 tent setup in my living room for a few months haha :laughing:). I have a few older LED lights laying around from when I had hoped REC cannabis would pass back in 2016. I plan to use those older LED lights in a 2x4 tent in the room to veg some mothers and rotate them out as needed. the rest of the space I planned on getting two lights with a 4x4 ft print for flower so i could have a couple of feet of room to work all the way around the plants. I guess my main focus right now is on buying a couple of lights that will give me a decent yield until i can afford some top shelf lights. I feel as though I have about made up my mind on the TIMBER Cypress 6. Price point at $639 each seems damn good espeically since the black friday deal of 20% off just dropped and they offer a 3 year warranty and are made in the U.S… Thank you for all of your imput man I appreciate a veteran grower giving advice!

1 Like

I got you brother. Ive never heard of or seen Timber growlights but I looked at the Timber 6’ you mentioned, and as far as the specs go, at least, they sound pretty good. I noticed they even have a Timber 8 version that’s more powerful.
You might also want to consider the Spider Farmer 4000’s too; they’re about the same specs and length of warranty, but Spider Farmers a more well known company.
…on the other hand though, I noticed that the Timber lights are made to order in the US, while the Spider Farmer are made in China.
…decisions, decisions, lol.
Good luck and enjoy!
…I’m a bit jealous of you, I wish I were allowed to grow 12 plants! Wow, that’s great man! Really though, congrats on that!!! we have mmj here, which I have my card, but not cultivation rights, and the dispos charge an average of $65 a cut in prepackaged containers. It’s total bullshit, especially for someone like me that smokes over an eight a day for their condition.
Good luck with your lights and your future grows man,
Peace

2 Likes

I found a spot for offbrand lights like hlg same chips drivers and all diff heat sinks and stuff. Toolots.com go under their search and search grow lights or led grow lights. 159 bucks for a light hlg wants 389 for. I do have 4 240w sets coming wednesday so i can let u know how they look and work when they come.

Key to Life Garden is having our biggest sale the year.
This is when I stock up myself. Kyle M
Contact me for the best prices anytime and anywhere.

BlackGlow (1)

2 Likes

ledgrowlightsdepot.com added a bunch of discounts on their page last night. @automatik HLG lights will be 20% off for BF so I’m gonna try them out! deal just got to sweet to pass up!

2 Likes