Blue Strain

Are there any strains which I can grow outdoor which will have blue coloured leaves or buds ? And if so where can i source the seeds from? I’ve been trying to source seeds of a variety called Idukki gold aka Kerala Gold which was grown in India in the 70s. Now this variety is non existent and the legends say it had blue coloured leaves

3 Likes

I have a connection in Thailand for landraces, I will inquire with him about this Kerala Gold.

3 Likes

Hi @srinakar

To find the old landrace strains of the 70;s is difficult but cant say its impossible. Looking out for blueberry strains will help you find varities with possible blue colors during flowering and the colder winter months. There are several reasons for the bluing of the flowers.

Ideally, you’ll want to look for plants that come from parents with high concentrations of anthocyanins.

If you’re keen on growing blue/purple pot, we suggest at picking hybrid strains that come from blue/purple parents. Some of the most famous blue/purple strains include Blueberry, Purple Haze, Grandaddy Purple, and Purple Urkle.
Source

4 Likes

Recently I Grew Splitz from Exotic Genetix and the leaves/Buds DEFINITELY were blue but I’m not sure if that’s a reliable indicator or not most of the colors that I’ve gotten are just from dropping the temps at night in my tents

3 Likes

Blue Dream + Ghost Train Haze

5 Likes