Breeding THCv dominant strains with an elusive THCv 1:1 African Landrace

Varins G 

I’m finishing up week 3 of 13 with these Varins G plants.

I had to super crop each plant to make sure I don’t run out of height space. They are growing nice and strong and shot back up.

I will pollinate a couple buds on each plant next with a strategic isolated pollination technique. I only need a couple dozen seeds from each plant. Depending on my cannabanoid testing, I’ll probably throw alot of those out. Only going with the plants that have the 2 highest thcv levels.

The reason for the isolated pollination is to save my plants energy for its flower and cannabanoid production.

I have a fair amount of Royal Highness pollen. I still need to finish sifting and collecting it. I’ll post those pics and my pollination technique in a few day’s.

:v:

6 Likes

Where’s my library card??? Whens the due date? Lol

2 Likes

Dang Ty… Looks amazing in there.

1 Like

I’m still keeping my eye on this.

3 Likes

Test Report PAN2330 (3).pdf (6.0 MB)
Hi,
Here are some COA’s from Pure Analytics, they starting testing for THCV/THCVa in the Fall of 2015
when the DEA released the certified standards for THCV. Please look at page 35 Skel x V122 #8
among others. Would like to see other COA’s from ISO 17025 accredited labs.

2 Likes

Just caught up this is pretty awesome man can’t wait to see where it goes set to watching

2 Likes

It’s time for an update finally. I unfortunately had to shut my breeding project down. I got some serious deficiencies to all my plants after having a pump malfunction. So while I was away from my plants for 2 days no h20 was circulating to my plants. Temps in my rootzone were up in the high 70s, and a 7.7ph.
Things go bad real fast in dwc.
My mistake was not getting this system zeroed in 1st. It never fails that something goes wrong on my 1st run of a new system.

I’m running 4 Jelly Rancher clones in this tent after I harvest this crop of Varins G. I’m sure everything is good at this point and I worked out all the kinks. But my Jelly Rancher 2 plant has the most amazing terpene profile, and the high 20s thc makes me want to grow Lb’s of it. So thats the plan…
Then I’ll start my breeding project up again this winter.

I didn’t feel comfortable pollinating sickly plants. I’m trying to breed some healthy stable strains. I got another 10 pack of Varins G and have my pollen stored away safely.

I collected my pollen passively by waiting for it to naturally fall. No fan was on in my tent, or added humidity.

I’m going to harvest all 8 plants this weekend and will take pictures.

6 Likes

A couple buds of Varins G. I took these plants to 12 weeks. They were all pretty sick, but I’ve never lost a crop to this day.

That is why I didn’t pollinate these plants. After my pump malfunction no h20 circulated for over 36 hrs. My h20 temps in my tent were in the 80s and my ph shot to 8.6.
When things go bad they go bad fast in dwc.
I now have a daily checklist I do with every one of my tents. I got a little comfortable with my systems.
But I nursed them along and got a decent harvest.
I’ll turn 90% of my harvest into a whole plant extract.

4 Likes