Brown spots on leaves

Hi,

Today noticed brown spots on top leaves on one of the plants. I am in a 7th week of flowering.
What this could be and what to do?

5 Likes

Can you check your soil pH? I bet it’s running high and locking out nutrients. If it’s high try using a flushing solution if you are using salt based nutes. And do a full flush with nutrients next watering unless you are about to harvest then flush away

4 Likes

pH is between 6 and 6,5.

Any ideas?

6 Likes

Is that hydro or just too cover? If it’s soil that’s all good for sure;) you are probably not over feeding then. So I’d say phosphorus def

3 Likes

It’s soil with cover. Then phosphorus def probably. Do I have to feed this plant more?

3 Likes

How often do you feed? And what do you use? But likely that’s the case;)

2 Likes

I feed once a week with mix of this

1 Like

(upload://gMfZS5BfXqEEmtJVn5QTjnLN6Cy.jpeg)Sorry to jump on your topic just wondering if anyone can help me with my problem.
Just started getting brown spots on my skittle auto and I’m growing in canna coco for the first time and I had a problem with my ph and since then done a flush with pH’d water and now I’ve got this problem.

Hope you guys can help…

3 Likes

Unsure if it’s calmag as I have added some recently and my PH is correct and runnoff was around 6.7.
Half the pics will not upload so hope there’s enough there to help.

3 Likes

Just a quick question…are you sure your pH meter is accurate…if when balancing your nuet solution you find it drifts around a lot or takes a long time to get a stabilized reading…it may be your meter…also do you have a way to calibrate it??

3 Likes

Seems to get there okay no drifting but I can calibrate it ,do you think its still showing signs of the PH been off.
Thanks for the reply

2 Likes

Really not saure, but that is the most IMPORTANT place to start !!
The next most important is looking at your nutrient solution EC (or ppm if you don’t have a EC meter)
Take the ppm of your nutrient solution…then collect some drainage water from your plants and check the
EC or ppm of the drainage water…

You NEVER want the ppm of your drainage water equal to or higher than your ppm of your nutrient solution because at that point you will be headed to lockout and then you’re going to get ALL KINDS of nutrient deficiency symptoms that are meaningless !!

Check that out for yourself…it will be VERY REVEALING ! Good luck !

2 Likes

I’ve hit so many problems since I’ve started using coco it’s just understanding what the coco and plant needs I guess, and thanks @TheMadFlascher sure is time I buy a ec meter and ppm.
Ph meter calibrated so ph is spot on.
I feel I have a calcium and magnesium lockout.

2 Likes

6.7 is a bit high for coco imo. Don’t look like calmag but each plant can be different. Lower that ph 6.2 and it should help. :grin:

3 Likes

I’ll give that a Try thanks @bow4buck like I say never used coco before soil so much simpler but I’ve seen good results in coco so it’s time to learn lol

3 Likes

I run my coco around 5.9ph in veg and bump it up to 6.1-6.2 in flower. If yah ain’t locked out 6.2 should let them get a good uptake of everything they need.

3 Likes

I’m going to give 6.2 a try and let you know if there’s any improvement

1 Like

Just read another topic of yours @bow4buck and seems it these 3 Leaf mutant autos lol every other plant is doing fine but this skittlez auto

2 Likes

How often are you watering? Coco in that pic looks dry. I know when I first switched from soil to Coco that was the hard part for me. If I missed a water in soil, just hit them again and move on. Coco does not like going dry. Should be moist at all times. Any time I let mine start to dry out had nothing but problems .

3 Likes

That was right before water top Inch was starting to dry but still moist under that.
I’ve just fed with PH 6.0 so I’ll see how that goes and yeah tbh soil is so much easier but people seem to have better results from coco would you agree.

3 Likes