Bud rot/mold (and flushing)

Hey,
so my two plants are in the 5th week of flowering and this week was pretty bad weather - low temperatures and high humidity. This morning I have noticed that on the main bud are yellow and dying leaves and on the lower side of the bud was a part which was dying off. So I figured it was a bud rot/mold (tho there wasn’t any apparent brown or gray parts (there was inside of it a little bit), so I guess it was the early stages). So I have removed the lower part of the bud and the dying leaves, with a scissors (alcohol on it).
Was it the right think to do? Could it be work? And can I do anything else ? I have read some articles, but they are not very helpful …
I am growing them outdoor, forcing to flower by moving them indoor for extra dark hours. The weather should be better in the next two weeks - sunny, lower humidity.

Another question is, when should I flush them ? They should be in flower stage for 7-8 weeks (tho I am going away so I will have to harvest them in 7,5 week of flowering at the latest). It should take 2 weeks to flush them, right ? So should I count with 7,5 week and start flushing in 5,5 week or earlier ? I am really not sure and want to get it right.

Tho it won’t matter if the mold ruins it …

@oldguy @kapouic @Ladithief @hoppiefrog

2 Likes

Amputation is the way to go well below the dieing material.spray w a peroxide spray to kill spores.em1 would sure do the trick as well

2 Likes

I go out and shake the plants after it rains. A little homer Simpson action.

7eb576a91e5dfe8734dc22154521a9d9

3 Likes

Does it have to be specifically for plants or could it be any hydrogen peroxide (3%) ?
And what about the flushing ?

@Slym3r ye have been doing that too, but they are rly big and bushy. Now I just move them inside everytime it rains. Hopefully that helps.

2 Likes

Yes the 3% peroxide mixed with water will work just fine

2 Likes

What if I have 30% :joy: If i mix 1:10 is it enough ?

1 Like

Honestly idk but I’m sure someone here will know

2 Likes

you could use a pm wash they have those at hydros or any Home Depot or any plant type of shop. a organic fungicide. but if you spray you also risk them burning so if you spray as soon the sun goes down so the light doesn’t burn them, also flush if you can check ph, water at 6.0 for 5 days and cut it and let it dry and cure and smoke ittt
molds not crazy on the mugs. they look like they can grow for another week.

1 Like

Well today I found another 3 buds rotten (not the whole thing, but a part) … So I cut it, I also had to remove the biggest bud, the whole thing :disappointed_relieved:

@slumivxx Thanks, the pm is an organic fungicide ? Is it better than the 30% peroxide with water or 3%? Want to buy the thing that works the most for sure …
Also, they are only 5 weeks into flowering, should have 7-8 weeks. So you’r saying that I should start flushing now for 5 days and than harvest it ? So soon ? Or isn’t it worth the risk ?
It is so frustrating seeing it like that :sob: so much work and all lost for something like rot … tbh it’s so devastating

1 Like

@jardinero. So sorry for the loss my friend. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: mold.

Mold is an aggressive spreader. For a spray mix 3% peroxide and water at 50/50 and spray your entire plant tops and bottoms of leaves.
Do before dark period to prevent burning on your leaves.
Give it a few days and re spray.
Once mold shows up it’s usually just a matter of time before it takes over completely tho so You’ll have to be diligent on your inspections now till harvest.
Good luck :+1::pray:
:v:

4 Likes

thank you!
And do you think I should flush from now on?
Hopefully it won’t spread completely in 2 weeks

2 Likes

I’d start water only anytime now. It’ll take a week or so to get the nute levels down to an acceptable level.
Can’t recall if ur in pots or ground but if in pots grab a bit of runoff and take a read.
I shoot for under 200 ppms as my water is 130 from the tap. (On a well ).
Best of luck finishing up. Sorry so early.
:v::pray:

2 Likes

Thank you for the help, appreciate it!
I also have a second one, hope she will be fine.

2 Likes

Can u put up a pic of the tricomes just to see how far along she is

1 Like

Ofc, tho I couldn’t get a better quality, Hope it’s enough

2 Likes

I’d give it a week then harvest @PreyBird1 what do u think

2 Likes

And do you think it will be properly mature to harvest ? Or it won’t be quite ready, but under the circumstances I should.

As long as the tricomes are milky your good to go

1 Like

Id leave it but …with rot issues maybe cut your losses and chop. But you can take some now and leave some you do not need to chop the whole thing. Like ed rosenthal says pick no bud until its ripe. So if the lowers were not done enough you just take the tops that are ready and let the rest ripen more. I cant tell you what to do. But thats my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Alright, thank you for the help :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: This is my first time growing so I am happy for every help :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like