Guide Name: Bud washing for beginners
Lesson by: Kapouic
Topic: Bud washing
Summary: How to wash your crop to get rid of contaminants. (bugs, hairs, dust…etc.)
- Your buds (it’s easier if they are still on the branches).
- 3 five gallons pails
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup baking soda
- Step 1: Fill all 3 pails with water.
- Step 2: In the first pail, pour the lemon juice and the baking soda and shake well
- Step 3: The other 2 pails should only have water.
- Step 4: Prepare your branches by taking away all the fan leaves and doing a rough trim
- Step 4a: Grab one or two branches (or handful of buds) and gently agitate it in the first pail with the lemon juice and baking soda. Dunk them and gently agitate them in the bucket for about 30 seconds.
- Step 5: Now rinse those branches/buds in the second bucket. Gently shake and agitate your buds under the water for another 30 seconds…
- Step 6: Finish rinsing the buds/branches in the third bucket to get rid of any leftovers… Same method as the first two buckets, for yet another 30 seconds.
- Step 7: Hang the branches/buds to allow them to drip the extra water.
- Step 8: Once everything has stopped dripping water, just hang them to dry in your usual manner!
- Make sure you have a confortable seat while doing this, and don’t forget to take breaks. It’s a pain on the back!
- Results will vary depending on how dirty your plants have been.
- If your water gets too dirty, you can change it as often as you need!
First 2 pails before the wash :
Same pails after washing roughly 300 grams… :
- List item