Building a Grow tent! Am I missing anything?!

Some fold in half for storage.

3 Likes

I think once I know my plant is female and I’ll have a harvest I’ll definitely invest in a microscope and a drying rack!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me that it’s a girl! :joy: if not that’s okay, I’ll just start over with some feminized seeds but it would be sweet if it is female! This is so helpful to me. Thank you for your recommendations!! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Does anyone have any recommendations on a humidifier or something to keep the grow tent at a certain humidity? Do I spray the plants with water to generate humidity? I guess I don’t really know how the humidity thing works. Something preferably that isn’t super expensive. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

@katmwall I’m sure you can use any small humidifier I bought this controller that actually turns the humidifier on and off depending on what you set it at so that it’s kinda automated. You Probably would need a dehumidifier also to make it fullly automated.
Inkbird Humidity Controller IHC200 Humidistat Mushroom Greenhouse Pre Wired Outlet Dual Stage Humidifier Dehumidifier(New Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XGQ7Q53/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8mUwFbFCTH05Q

They also have one for temperatures so a heater/ac combo will make it automated

3 Likes

@katmwall I would definitely get an Inkbird humidity controller. It let’s you set your humidity settings say between 50-55%, as soon as your tent hits 49% it’ll kick on your humidifier. The most important thing is to buy a humidifier that has a manual switch, not push button. The humidifier needs to be left on, so the Inkbird control can turn on the power when it’s needed. Look at Marshydro LED lights. They are by far the cheapest high end lights! I just added the SP3000 to my tent. The TS and TSL series are amazing also and they added new dimmer switches to those lights.
I think the light is the most important investment in our grows, next to our tents.
AC Infinity is my go to for fans. Specifically the T series because it comes with temp/humidity sensors, and you can set parameters.
I also use their booster fan for forced air intake into my flower tent. I started with passive but made that upgrade after my 1st grow.
I was in your shoes last year when I built a perpetual grow from scratch. I wish I could have afforded the Gorilla grow tent, but Vivosun and Mars make good aluminum frame tents also.

4 Likes

@katmwall

This be what im using.

4 Likes

Oscillating fan,water temperature meter or you can get a vivason 3 in 1 meter and your ph meter is separate. 2 different folio spray bottles. HD has lektight 5gal bucket and lids for the two ~~3.99 dollars and food grade. Riged 5gal bucket wet vac top that you can just snap it on any 5gal bucket for any fast cleaning up of water ect send me a picture if you feel comfortable to.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have gone crazy on amazon getting almost everything you suggested. I realized now that I need a timer for my light. (My vacation timer doesn’t have a ground and my light needs a ground) does anyone hve any recommendations on what timers work well and are easy to use? Also this light is bright af!! Does anyone hve any recommendations on what kind of led glasses to buy to protect my eyes or are they all about the same? This is my current set up. I’m not letting the fact that my grow tent hasn’t arrived yet stop me!! :joy:

3 Likes

I have them both. They both work great. The green grandpa ones work but look aweful hahah.I

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 “the green grandpa” I resemble that remark. How did you know? :crazy_face::upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::sweat_smile::+1::v:

2 Likes

Hahahah nice

1 Like

I have my grow tent all set up now! I have my inline fan set to low/medium and the RH set to 50%. I know the cords on the ground are a bad thing so I’m going to try to clean that up in the next few days. I just wanted to get my plant into its grow tent as soon as I could. Still waiting on soil to transplant my plant into its 3 gallon pot. What do you guys think of my set up so far? I’m also waiting for the things from amazon to arrive that will allow me to lower my light more.

1 Like

Nice perfect :ok_hand:just zip tie to the ceiling bars. I can hang from the bars in a gorilla tent and im 160lbs. And they wont bend. other brands will bend ask me how i know.

2 Likes