Building a Grow tent! Am I missing anything?!

Hello everyone!

I’m a few weeks into my first grow and I have committed to really doing this! I am building a grow tent in my basement for my baby plant and future plants and was wondering if there is anything that I desperately need that I haven’t purchased already? Here is a list of things that I have purchased so far and the list of things I know I still need to purchase. Any advice on how to best go about setting up your own grow tent or things that I might need to buy but haven’t yet is very very welcome! Or if you have advice on which brand to buy for the stuff I still need. :smiley: Thanks so much! You are all so knowledgeable and I’m so grateful to have found this forum.

Things I have so far or have ordered:

• 4x4 Gorilla Grow tent
  • Prism lighting science stealth LED grow light 530W (it comes with stuff to hang it from the ceiling)
  • Go pro round fabric pot 3 gal
  • General hydroponics pH test color match control kit
  • FloraNova Bloom 4-8-7
  • Hanna Primo TDS Tester
  • Vacation timer
  • Active air 6" inline duct fan + Carbon filter combo + black ducting
  • Aluminum foil duct tape

Stuff I still need:

• Water saucer for pot
  • Temperature/humidity gage
  • 1 Gallon bucket
  • Drying Rack
  • Watering Can

Anything else I will end up needing?

3 Likes

I recommend going cheap to start off with unless you have the money to go all out. Vivosun or mars hydro are good brands for tents. I have a cheap one from amazon and it did the work, but I recently got a mars hydro 4X4 and I am seeing what all I was missing. As for LED lights, mars hydro and spider farmer are really good brands. Duct fan, just got an AC Infinity and I am really digging it. I recommend a digital Ph meter that reads to the tenth decimal and a way to adjust your Ph.

You will learn over time and make small purchases here and there. It does kind of suck having to wait for everything if you are ordering through the mail.

3 Likes

I will definitely add a digital pH meter to my list! Thank you! I already ordered the gorilla tent and light but I think if this goes well I might ask for some nicer equipment for Christmas. I think I’ve bought some pretty good brands so far (at least I hope I did… :joy:). It definitely was more expensive up front but I’m hoping this stuff will last a long time and I can just add to it as time goes on (like you suggested). :relaxed:

1 Like

You might want a better light for the blooming stage.i have a 1200 watt led light in my tent. I also have a 600 watt for veg. It works great! I got everything on Amazon cause I live in nowhere Colorado.
A hygrometer most definitely. I bought a Govee thats only 1 inch cube. Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

I also bough a small humidifier and a vernado fan .

2 Likes

Woah the govee thermometer is amazing!! I’m definitely going to get this one. I can’t believe you can put alerts for if the temp is too hot or cold. That’s amazing. Thank you for the recommendation. I know I will probably upgrade the light once I have some experience and success with this growing thing. It was a bit too much to swallow to spend over $500 on one light. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Humidifier isn’t something I thought of yet. I will definitely add it to the wish list! I have a couple different fans at home so I think I’ll just use one of them. A fan is a fan :joy:. Unless there’s something I should know about fans that I don’t.

1 Like

$500 on a light yeah that can be pricey. Try $1600 a light. And up to 5k and beyond. Crazy stuff out there.

3 Likes

@PreyBird1 oh I saw when I was shopping. How I wish I had the money to spare. I hope my little grow lights will be enough for me to get decent yields without having to spend $1600 on a light. :weary:

1 Like

This is the most important chart. Save this picture and as you learn it will make more sense but for now dont loose it.

8 Likes

Lol youll be fine we all start somewhere. How big of a tent did ya get?

1 Like

4 x 4 x 6(?)ft gorilla tent.

3 Likes

saweet! I have 2 of those. There choice compared to the cheap ones. I have thise also lol.

2 Likes

I was told to go with a more expensive tent because a cheap one wouldn’t hide the smell as well. I’m glad to hear I got a good one! They aren’t cheap. :joy: I’m so excited to get it. I can’t wait to set it up and move lucky (my plant) inside to a better environment

Edit: inside from its windowsill. It’s inside right now. Just not in a grow tent and it has a crappy light.

1 Like

@katmwall check out inkbird humidity controller or some way to keep the humidity in check. As for a drying rack I would go to your local dollar and look for a clothing rack like the ones that are like an octopus with a bunch of arms and and close pins. Also get yourself a roll of twist tie to hold branches and some sort of stake like bamboo or tomato cage.

1 Like

Also very handy is a digital microscope that connects to a phone or laptop. They are pretty reasonable on Amazon. Takes the guesswork out of when to harvest.

1 Like

Nooo you want this bro! I have 2 of these. TRUST ME there Bomb.

5 Likes

got any recommended brands?

2 Likes

Sorry not really I just looked for one that had good reviews and was reasonably priced. I got something like this

1 Like

And ya @PreyBird1 that thing is kick ass.

1 Like