Building New Room

An unfortunate turn in my life leads me to make a decision. I have to tear down and move on. As i im starting to ask around who wants my grow equipment my buddy comes over to help and comes up with an idea…lets move to my house they say!
So just when i thought it was going to be a wrap, Its really just started.

Were doing an attic grow. Yesterday we spent all day transporting. And setting up the flower room. Were building false walls with sheet insulation. Soon well close off the side for veg. We just were running out of time and needed to get these flowers back into complete darkness

First time building a room for us.
Any advise is welcome. We want to do it right. So lmk what you think

9 Likes

What an awesome story to start the week. An attic grow, what I am really fond of and seems like you have all the tools needed. My suggestions, food for thought:

1. Supplying water to the attic, must be easy enough, as well as drainage.
  2. Attics can get hot and cold much more than regular rooms, so make sure you take this into account, our attic gets to 132 F ( 55c ) .
  3. Enjoy the time and building a new home for your ladies.
6 Likes

Sweet now you can keep the grow alive! Way cool man must be a very very good buddy!

6 Likes

Just think of the end of the project !!! you will have to roll a fat-one !!!

4 Likes

Thank you.
@PreyBird1 I consider this guy a friend though i started out his employee. Hes been there through alot. Watched me build my life and my entire marriage beginning to end. Whether i like him or not thats a true friend.

@chrisj We have water piped up there. Good on that. Definitely going to work on temperature swings. I think now is a good time to grab an ac infinity pro 69 controller. Maybe exhaust in each room?

3 Likes

Looks veautiful. Only thing is whats the middle wall seperater consist of. When the exhaust is on it may wanna suck that wall in if just foamed. Lets see ur answer tho. Lol. I just slapped a 4 x 7 x9 room in a day drywalled and painted next day i set everything up and moved plants in so far so good with a 8 inch ac infinity fan on 10 i had to see so it wasnt a suprise one day. I did 2x3 steel studs on 16s quarter board for drywall made a door from steel stud and same quarter board which is mobile home drywall badically lol i screwed rubber strip on the inside of the room walls overlaping the door 2 inches i believe it was all around. Same on outside but on door so it opened with the door and sucked tight when closed with exhaust but knock on wood yet to have had an issue besides i need to reroute my exhaust strait out not into my crawl space

2 Likes