Business or mathematics? Production Scheduling by any other name!

Skills soft has an interesting course if you need data analysis. Big data power tools $31, I use to teach this type of stuff to IT professionals for a week at $2800 per student on discount.

Good if you want to use excel as a production planning tool. You need to understand recursion, for maximizing your schedule and minimize your inputs.

You can then post your master schedule to MS project and detail out your tasks and FTE requirements for each task.

https://stackskills.com/p/big-data-power-tools-bundle

3 Likes

Don’t forget @henry from Cannabis Big Data either! If you’re not interested in learning math, I’m sure he’d be interested in helping.

2 Likes

:heart: big data

From the voices in my head
Ethan Kayes

1 Like

Ethan, thanks for the suggestion and that’s a very deep and powerful analytic toolkit. I think the tools in that specific set of online courses (like statistical analysis in R) is tremendous overkill for the vast majority of growers or other licensed businesses. That said, if someone has the interest to learn those tools, it’s awesome to learn them online and then they can definitely be applied.

On my end, I assume that the average business owner or manager doesn’t have extra time or desire to learn new tools or programming languages. They’re busy enough with their existing responsibilities, so they’re looking for solutions that reduce complexity and add time back into their worlds. That’s why we built Cannabis Big Data as an operational, day-to-day toolkit to plug in to any existing or new data stream and provide actionable insights.

Thanks for the call out Hunter!

3 Likes

I love Big Data! I want to know more!

1 Like

Awesome! What would you like to know?

1 Like

Henry,

When can I have a demo! Found link, but the data signup page is not secure. Makes me nervous.

From the voices in my head
Ethan Kayes.

1 Like