Can a uvc bulb (36w) be installed inside air in duct

How long does bacteria/ mold/mites have to be exposed to uvc to be effective?

I don’t think it’s long at all, provided bulb is installed and working properly. My only experience with them is in water, but that had a pretty constant flow over it and worked well. These air duct units are commercially available in duct, and supposedly help with scent too.

2 Likes

I’m already running ozone and carbon . awesome tks I’ll give it a try

1 Like

Looking to do a diy version

1 Like

Im guessin this is for your intake duct? Use a hepa filter attached to the intake and that should help with spores and mold. This will reduce your exhaust fans cfm tho.

3 Likes

Your right air in .just moved into my first house and funds are super tight till fall so I was just thinking it would be much cheaper .do you know where I can get a 14" or a cpl 8" HEPA intake filters for less than 170$

3 Likes

I use vacuum cleaner bags that I cut up and secure to my exhaust fan and intake fans - I do it to prevent pollen from getting out of my breeding tent or into my flower tent.

3 Likes

Nice I like ,tks !!!

1 Like

Heppa bags are cheap enough;)!

3 Likes

I love this site I figure things out that I would never thought up on my own and I’m told I’m pretty imaginative lol:)

3 Likes

This link https://www.bghydro.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=hepa+filters has the hepa filters and boxes. Ive never tried the dust shroom so I cant speak on that.
I have this but a 4 inch version
750170-01
This cartridge goes inside the box and yes they are cheap.
750171-01

1 Like

I should have checked there they are a great store amazing coustomer service

1 Like

Wow they sure are cheap

Tks man that’s way cheaper than the options I found

Looks like Grower’s House has what you need as well:

3 Likes

The 14" is almost same price

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-5-Layer-HEPA-Material-Pleated-Paper-Filter-for-3-to-4-5-Gal-RIDGID-Wet-Dry-Shop-Vacuums-VF3600/205728529?mtc=Shopping-VF-F_D25T-G-D25T-25_14_WET_DRY_VACS-EMERSON-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Ridgid_WetDryVacs_PLA&cm_mmc=Shopping-VF-F_D25T-G-D25T-25_14_WET_DRY_VACS-EMERSON-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Ridgid_WetDryVacs_PLA-71700000033475118-58700003900590343-92700035732383688&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiAhc7yBRAdEiwAplGxXyaVnX9UGlutEkC2agE2cp21PCpRPdAuc0EFqrW5U-e_BofAWz8YohoCGKgQAvD_BwE

You could always rig something up with something like this… I know they sell bigger radius but just an example

2 Likes

Not long, but best results should be on the evap coil of the airhandler