Can CBD get you high?

Question of the day…

So grew a Blueberry CBD plant for the wife. She wants the benefits of cbd but does not partake in anything else.

Got the strain on ILGM offered less than 1% thc. I tried a couple bong hits to test it before giving it to her. NOTHING, nice taste, nice smell but absolutely felt nothing. Give her a pre roll and she was high af after half of it.

Any thoughts or ideas? I realize the strain can have variations but I just couldn’t believe it got her stoned after I tried it myself. Did make for a comical evening though.:grin::v::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Howdy @bow4buck

That is interesting. Technically CBD cannot make you “stoned”. It is actually a THC inhibitor due to the way it connects to our cannabinoid receptors. If you too high, take some CBD, and it will bring you back to earth. People say CBD is not psychoactive, but it really is as its known to have calming and relaxing effects, it reduces anxiety and may reduce chronic pain in people.

Not to sure what to say, maybe she has a very low tolerance, maybe it was a placebo effect, possibly the strains ratio’s are wrong, there are so many variables.

8 Likes

My thought was low tolerance too? I have tried CBD a couple of times in hopes it would help calm some anxiety, and know a lot of people that swear by a 50/50 of each.

Sure it was funny to watch!

5 Likes

@chrisj appreciate the reply. I told her it was in her head (literally) she was worried about getting high before ever smoking it, so she got high :grin:

I realize the percentages could be off for her but thought less than 1% would not be noticeable. I believe I’ve seen some straight cbd strains out there. Might have to hunt down some with 0% thc

@dunbar she was so funny I didnt even need to smoke to enjoy the show.

6 Likes

If she doesn’t partake in anything else, I feel like simply the act of smoking anything could be something she wasn’t used to, and cause her to be dizzy and lightheaded, giving her the impression that she was “high”.

7 Likes

CBD with less than 1% of THC can’t make you high

2 Likes

I understand that each person may react differently to a dose, but isn’t 1% CBD a little low? I might have felt “high” after smoking a joint. Now I can only afford to relax by chewing candy, which I found at https://www.tillmanstranquils.com/product/600mg-delta-8-gummies/. If it’s your girlfriend’s first time smoking, maybe it’s just a reaction to the first puff or an inadequate reaction. What will happen with a bigger dose? There is much information on the Internet about using CBD for therapeutic purposes.

4 Likes

Didnt read back, unless i typed it wrong somewhere previously, the ratio was 15% CBD, less than 1% THC

Yes bro, it really happens the reaction for the first time

Delta 8 and the rest of the cbd industries are unregulated and can be filled with poisons . We grow cannabis here. This isn’t a sales site. And certainly not a drug dealing site that can be made with the cheapest products that hurts consumers.

All these products need to be purchased from a trusted vendor. It is exactly like your prescription meds, you dont buy them anywhere? Do you? Never buy drugs from random companies. Ive been a rep of a delta 8 company when this started. These products can come with fake ingredients lists and fake customer reviews. Only trust what someone you trust has used. I personally wouldnt trust any of them.

2 Likes

And I like cbd with coffee, the combination is very cool. The effects of caffeine are strong, especially when consumed in high doses, but they are short-lived. As a bottom line, combining CBD and caffeine can help increase concentration for a longer time, meanwhile, CBD works to reduce the side effects that caffeine produces. As usual at https://hub420.shop/product-category/california-thc-flowers/ I order my buds and after brewing them, I throw them in my coffee

2 Likes

Isolates for cbd can give you a spacey head with relaxed thoughts with zero anxiety but high, no.

1 Like

CBD literally can not make you feel high and I believe it’s hard to get stoned with 1% THC. But again, everyone is different and their body reacts differently with CBD.

1 Like